Homesteading

More
11 years 3 days ago - 11 years 3 days ago #11495 by Frank A.
Replied by Frank A. on topic Re: Homesteading
I wonder how many military campgrounds you have stayed at Mr. Brady? The big problem now is they are more worried about how much money they take in than running a clean campground. And at some campgrounds, the hosts have been there so long that they do have an impact on what goes on. I will continue to "live, live and let live" but will also continue to complain about the slobs who occupy some of these campsites. OH! By the way. Keesler does not take reservations but the hosts controls who gets a site. I've been there and told by the host nothing is available when 2 sites were available. The hosts were saving them for friends.
Last edit: 11 years 3 days ago by Frank A.. Reason: misspelled word
The following user(s) said Thank You: greyhound73772

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 days ago #11496 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Re: Homesteading
I cannot believe I am commenting here on homesteading again but Hoke Brady military campgrounds are not trailer parks. Trailer parks are for people who want to stay month after month after month and so on and not for recreational rv'ers as those of us who use military campgrounds. As for the hosts having no say in who gets a reservation, at some campgrounds they sure do and it does not mean somebody had a bad experience just because they made that comment it is a fact and I experienced the same thing Frank did at another campground; friends of friends of hosts etc. If you are new to using the Military Camgprounds you will learn what everyone is talking about here and you just might change your mind about homesteading when you want to make a reservation and can only get a few days instead of a few weeks and then you get to the campground and see the same units there from a year ago or six months ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikecfr

More
11 years 2 days ago #11497 by Frank A.
Replied by Frank A. on topic Re: Homesteading
Amen, LamSan!

More
3 years 11 months ago #17402 by ipolady
Replied by ipolady on topic Re: Homesteading
I would like to get a copy or link to where I can find that regulation.

Be Great!!!!
Cee Cee Broughton

More
2 years 2 months ago #17735 by rgpigeon
Replied by rgpigeon on topic Re: Homesteading
I know it has been some time since the beginning of this thread. I am just getting into this site by accident thinking I could make reservations. Anyway I liked the responses here as one who has tried for ever just to be able to use a MWR camp ground. Apparently I am near last as far as a qualified user. Retired US Army.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #17907 by akfiredog377
Replied by akfiredog377 on topic Re: Homesteading
It depends on the CG. I have seen long term residents at a few CG's. Most of them were workers on base and the long term sites were limited by number. 10-15% of the CG. The only issue I have with long term residents, is if they do not work on the base. Those should be limited to 7mo max.

Time to create page: 0.485 seconds