Homesteading

More
12 years 3 months ago #9418 by rvgrammy1953
Replied by rvgrammy1953 on topic Re: Homesteading
Thank you, elisowski, and John O'Sullivan, for this very important info...now when any of us have an issue with local policy on this subject, we now, ALL, have reference material to use as a guide....when bring our concerns to the proper authority.....and by all means use the many authorities available..i.e., local post/base, and DoD ICE....complaining here without also bring your issues to the attention of these folks, doesn't get you very far.....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9443 by TheBigRedTruck
Replied by TheBigRedTruck on topic Re: Homesteading

elisowski wrote: Could not agree more with the fact that they, military posts, do not go by the reg, but the reg does apply to ALL components, active, reserve, guard, retired, and Dod on a Army installation. This has been further complicated by JOINT installations, like Fort Sam Houston, and the fact that the Air Force is in the process of taking over all MWR functions for the Army and Air Force, who by the way does NOT have a FamCamp Reg. or (as they call it) a AFI. It will probably be years before this matter is squared away. Until then we will just have to try our best to pass the word to the installation commanders and hopefully we will get one or two hat will listen.

You need to call the MWR or email, You have No Idea what you are talking about!!!

More
12 years 3 months ago #9444 by TheBigRedTruck
Replied by TheBigRedTruck on topic Re: Homesteading

monkey44 wrote: Matt - I sent you a PM - please check PM logs.

I never got a PM from you...

More
12 years 2 months ago #9467 by dojdakota
Replied by dojdakota on topic Re: Homesteading
I hate homesteaders. I am an avid recreational camper who works hard for the money to have a nice camper I can never use because the homesteaders in FL have all the sites locked almost year round. 28 days should be your max stay without having to pull up and head out for at least one night. Campgrounds allow it because it is guaranteed money without having to wait for reservations. Been camping for a while and have yet been able to get into a military campground close enough to Jacksonville for a weekend stay. It just flat pisses me off. Every time I call it is booked up. I don't even waste my time anymore. Been through the one in NAS Jax and about puked at all the blue stickers. MWR directors must be hooking up their old CO's with some good favors.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9473 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Re: Homesteading
One famcamp I stayed at had lots of homesteaders and they even had some with special status and piitions so that when rotations were required from hookup sites to non hookup sites had to be done, the special homesteaders did not even need to rotate. That was Tyndall AFB. We thought this was not right but our complaints were ignored. They also permitted gray water dumping near the bay. I hope that situation got cleared up. Have not been back since 2007.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9474 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Re: Homesteading
We find this as well. When people are turned away from a base rv park after driving all day it is a downer. We went to a Navy base RV park at Pt. Mugu, beautiful there, btw, and needed a place to park because we had pets with us. We were going to Mom's funeral. We had no spot and spent the night beside the road, no motels took pets. As retired folks I sure would like to see a bit of caring if we find ourselves in need of just a place to park safely.

Time to create page: 0.506 seconds