Homesteading

More
12 years 4 months ago #9220 by pricejh
Replied by pricejh on topic Re: Homesteading
I can understand people wanting to have a homey atmosphere. I can also understand when someone uses his/her RV for extended TDY. It makes sense and saves money. But, I do not understand how transients can homestead. I think that it is time for some commanders to have a "come to be with" discussion with their personnel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #9257 by trvl2smwhr
Replied by trvl2smwhr on topic Re: Homesteading
In response to Frank & Alice...The SMART caravan that takes a few spots at KAFB during the AIBF is an MWR function, part of their tour package, to the SMART caravan only for a few days of the Balloon Fiesta. All Active/Retired Military are eligible. Check it out www.smartrving.org and click on caravans.

More
12 years 4 months ago #9259 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Re: Homesteading

trvl2smwhr wrote: In response to Frank & Alice...The SMART caravan that takes a few spots at KAFB during the AIBF is an MWR function, part of their tour package, to the SMART caravan only for a few days of the Balloon Fiesta. All Active/Retired Military are eligible. Check it out www.smartrving.org and click on caravans.

I'm with Frank and Alice. First SMART has members that are not active duty or retired. People pay their thousand or two thousand dollars to SMART to be in that caravan, not to MWR. The year I was there the base had the whole new area reserved for the SMART group not just for the period they would be there but for a week before their arrival to make sure it was available. Smart gets to use those spaces and AUTHORIZED users are turned away or get less desirable spots. It STINKS.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9302 by pcrightler
Replied by pcrightler on topic Re: Homesteading
It seams that MWR needs to bring all the campgrounds into compliance with certain rules, then enforce the rules. We arrived at Gila Bend 12/21 and stayed only one night in the overflow. However, since that date there are now 6 in the overflow and the same 4-5 spaces open up every few days to allow one at a time to move into hook-ups. There are 38 spaces at this camp and 34 are taken by homesteaders....one in particular has been here 6 years without moving. One has the awning laying on the ground that was torn off in a tornado two years ago. These two residents aren't even here, one has their other vehicle camping in Corpus Christi in that park and the other shows up about every other week for a few days. Everyone should be able to stay the limit if they choose, but there seem to be too many that abuse the system. This park does not have a host. I think if you leave the space to visit home or wherever for more than a few days, it should be required that you vacate the spot and get back in line. and for the full campground rule(30 days here), they should require you to vacate within 24 hours..First in first out, if a new rv wishes to camp for the time allowed.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9304 by elisowski
Replied by elisowski on topic Re: Homesteading
Someone needs to review AR 215-1 page 70-71 which deals with RV park rules. This Reg is dated 2010 so it is current. People are talking about the Air Force tang over the FamCamps, but there is no real Regulation or AFI for them a this time. The AF reg has been on someones desk for the past 2 years waiting for a signature.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9322 by Shaban
Replied by Shaban on topic Re: Homesteading
I am not interested in Homesteading at all :dry:

Time to create page: 0.523 seconds