Homesteading

More
11 years 6 months ago #10540 by SkyWatcher
Replied by SkyWatcher on topic Re: Homesteading
This is just wrong, We learn courtesy and respect in the service and how can some take it upon themselves to feel I want a cheap place to stay, cut no grass and pay low utilities and then store their crap all over the place and without them noticing it the trash gets out of hand, also When we visit a Military Campground we expect things to be kept up to military standards, so remember this is a benifit and a priviledge to have a CG with such great rates and amenities so those who Homestead need to get a apartment and let military CGs be Military CGs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ipolady

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #10541 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Re: Homesteading
I don't think all of these folks are messy. They could simply be full timing and want to stay a while. Park management should disallow any mess. If it needs to be stored it should be stored. We stayed at one patk off and on for 7 years to help our daughter when her husband was in north FL. We had a storage area and obeyed the rules. Our rv was our home then. I miss it too now that we have a retirement home and the rv in storage. There should be rules and people would not need to analyze rv neighbors.

More
11 years 6 months ago #10542 by elisowski
Replied by elisowski on topic Re: Homesteading
We all know there are regulations, or in the case of the AF, instructions. Yet NO one pays any attention to them. IMS which is the major command for all MWR is located here at Fort Sam Houston, TX and even this park has no idea what or how to enforce the rules. Fort Bliss, TX hands out a flyer that has the AF quoted on it and they don't follow it. So why do we have Regs? Who cares? It appears that only the RV'ers obey the rules, yes those of us who were brought up to respect others and the rules. What we have today in our military is the Y (why me) and I (why do I have to do that? What is in it for me?)) generation. If you do not believe it, talk to any drill sgt, trainer, 1st Sgt or Senior NCO. Now that they found out they can save a bunch of money by getting a small RV and living in a RV or FamCamp, well? So the RV has replaced the trailer of the 60 and 70s and the on base trailer parks have given way to the RV park.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ipolady

More
11 years 6 months ago #10544 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Re: Homesteading
I basically agree with elisowski. In 1974/5 I worked at Andrews AFB with a much loved and respected gent who said "they live like pigs" in the trailer park, that was on that base then. I drove by and noticed a rather "relaxed" attitude. I am no drill sgt. Lol! but I think we should follow strict rules as to what is left outside and keeping up the looks. I also hold fast to management being called to task for failing to enforce rules. We should not have to disparage our neighbors..that is just wrong. They have things going on that we have no business knowing anyway. The long term rv folks sometimes buy an rv and get "taken". Happened to me ONCE, and I am living with it. I have a home that cannot be sold or I might be a long term rv'er right now. If I look like I am following the rules would I be someone who should " move on"? I hope not. I love rving enough to do it full time! There is no better good neighbor than a good camper whether short term or long term! I must be getting old...lol

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #11338 by SkyWatcher
Replied by SkyWatcher on topic Re: Homesteading
Update: there is a regulation covering Homesteading, check with Larry for the Regulation, I saw and read it and it is to the point, I printed a copy off to quiet those who mouth off about what the reg says and don't say and everything gets quiet when they are hit with the TRUTH.
The following user(s) said Thank You: karylkoch

More
11 years 1 week ago #11494 by Hoke Brady
Replied by Hoke Brady on topic Re: Homesteading
People have funny definitions on what "Homesteading" is. There is absolutely nothing wrong with long term campers, nothing!! If the CG allows it, so be it, go someplace else. If I was the CG manager and I had my choice of a long term camper paying on time each and every month over a weekender, guess who I would take!! I love the comment in tight with the camp host, that is too funny. That individual making that comment must of had a bad experience with a camp host. Camp hosts in most campgrounds are volunteer and have nothing to do with making reservations in the first place. Oh live, live and let live, long term campers are okay, leave them alone!

Time to create page: 0.479 seconds