Homesteading

More
12 years 2 months ago #9505 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Re: Homesteading
That sounds nice. I think I know where you are at but not sure. Which base manages the park you are at? That show sounds nice, I remeber the beach had many things like that and we did not go and see very much at all. Our daughter lived at Tyndall then so we mostly did things with her and the little grandkids. My husband liked Panama City and the PC Beach better than I. I liked Key west, Sigsbee rv park but have not been there for a couple of years. We try to go there every two or three years for a short while, not the whole winter anymore. Too many people, cruise ships and not as enjoyable since they closed a small beach on the Navy pier which we loved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #9597 by SkyWatcher
Replied by SkyWatcher on topic Re: Homesteading
The MWR offers this opportunity known as a Family Campground not a trailer park and not to take away from others who want to get the chance to campout with their families or visit the areaMWR need to eliminate the Homesteading because if they want someplace to live GO Buy A House

More
12 years 1 month ago #9609 by klassylady25
Replied by klassylady25 on topic Re: Homesteading
Can they really do this? Maybe should sell their homes and move in.

More
12 years 1 month ago #9610 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Re: Homesteading
I have mixed feelings on this. I do not think people should be able to keep a spot long term if it denies others who are traveling equal time. But..if someone is fulltiming and wants to stay long term if there are open spots why turn down their money? I object to people who fill up a spot and keep others from finding room at the famcamp. None of my business if someone stays a long time as long as there is room. And I really dislike MacDill AFB parking lot crowded sites. Yuck

More
12 years 1 month ago #9645 by Frank A.
Replied by Frank A. on topic Re: Homesteading
Most of you will call me a trouble maker. I don't think you should be allowed to stay in a military campground for more than a month. You shouldn't have store bought patio furniture that you can't haul in you vehicles, refrigarators on your patio, junk piled under your RV, a grill to large to haul in your vehicles, pet pens, flower or vegetable gardens, permanent type wooden steps into your RV and anything else that makes the site look trashy. I get sick everytime I go to the Keesler and Hurlburt Famcamps and see what these places have become. I've found that most military campgrounds have cliches which include the hosts and if you are in this cliche, you can get away with just about anything. Now, after saying all this, I feel much better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SkyWatcher, Suzq

More
12 years 1 month ago #9646 by Navyzone
Replied by Navyzone on topic Re: Homesteading
Thanks for saying it.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds