Homesteading

More
12 years 6 days ago #9903 by elisowski
Replied by elisowski on topic Re: Homesteading
One of the problems I see is that everyone knows about this, but no one is willing to put it in writting on a ICE issue. And if you get the run around from the ICE then elevate it to the next higher command. It appears that this is a services wide problem. I have brought it to the attention of the Army MWR now you all need to take care of the Air Force and possibley the Navy, but I really have not noticed anything wrong with the way that they run their RV parks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 days ago #9904 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Re: Homesteading
I met a young guy at Sigsbee Famcamp several years ago in a pickup camper who was there all winter and he was a disabled vet evidently with a stomach condition. So, young is not necessarily active or working. I think working is frowned on at some famcamps, too. Why? Not sure, active duty types ate working and either traveling, pcsing or whtever. Should we question who people are? We should push for more spaces period.

More
12 years 6 days ago #9905 by Frank A.
Replied by Frank A. on topic Re: Homesteading
This guy at Mid Bay was healthy looking and looked to be in his 40s so that made him young by my standards (late 60s). He was gone all day. He did have a DoD sticker on his motorhome and SUV. He had a bicycle so don't think he was disabled. Anyway. Why should he live there forever?

More
12 years 6 days ago #9906 by Suzq
Replied by Suzq on topic Re: Homesteading
Well, the camper we met at Sigsbee looked well and was windsurfing. His bouts of illness were sporadic and very serious. Most people never saw them. My point is that we do not know the circumstances. Unless we do and fraud is taking place we should not be assuming anything. If they pay for their site it is management who should be handling things. You may have indeed found something wrong, but as campers we should be enjoying ourselves, not sleuthing. What about camaraderie? Put your energy to getting us more space to camp. We need energetic people like that! Sorry if I seemed to be suggesting any wrong doing. Believe me, I see what looks like fraud all the time, I used to do it for work!
The following user(s) said Thank You: floridakamper

More
11 years 9 months ago #10330 by SkyWatcher
Replied by SkyWatcher on topic Re: Homesteading
I agree with you, MCG are just that Family Camgrounds not a holdover stations for months at a time while the Government pays the BHA rate which is illegal to do or in other words frauding the Government, Finance normally want a lease which shows the rent charge to allocate your BHA rate

More
11 years 8 months ago #10392 by mikey4813
Replied by mikey4813 on topic Re: Homesteading
Homesteading messes it up for everybody else, move it along.

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds