Campgrpound Closures - Corona Virus

More
4 years 1 month ago #17277 by akfiredog377
Hanscom AFB FamCamp in MA will not take anyone new until May 1 due to COVID 19 at this time. Current campers can stay. This is per outdoor rec when I called today.
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #17278 by Leary54
Just got a E-mail from Jacks NAS cancelled my reservation for the month of April. We are at Pelican Roost at Mayport until the end of the month. Hoping that we can stay here for the month of April.

More
4 years 1 month ago #17279 by robbusch68
This just in....
Eglin AFB FAMCAMPs (both Postl Point and Camp Robbins) are closed to new folks as of now. Existing campers are being allowed to stay.... for now. The freeze on new folks is until 11 May.

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #17280 by Geiger
Currently camping at FAMCAMP Eglin AFB, was notified that they will not be accepting any new campers after today. Those of us that are here can extend until May 11, 2020 if we need to.

We have 5 more campground stays as we work our way back home to Michigan (Grassy Pond, GA; Points West, GA; Smith Lake Army RV Park in Fayettville, NC; Annapolis Famcamp, MD and Youngstown ANGB Famcamp, Youngstown OH.

Don't know whether to shelter in place here at Eglin or make the move on Saturday.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Geiger. Reason: fix date

More
4 years 1 month ago #17281 by Neill3
Andrews FAMCAMP is closed to new campers.

More
4 years 1 month ago #17282 by robbusch68
You gotta make your own decision, but if it were me, I’d stay if you can. You don’t know what further restrictions might be coming or what other places are dealing with. (They might be in worse shape than us as far as basic needs). We got a huge hospital on base and a VA clinic right out the gate. If you’re at Postl Point campground, you can’t beat the view! Better the devil you know....than the one you don’t.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ipolady

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds