Campgrpound Closures - Corona Virus

More
4 years 1 month ago #17311 by rpshep10
I'm staying at Smith Lake (Fort Bragg). The MWR office here has been closed. I went to the office this morning. It appears that all pending reservations are being honored at this time. Envelopes for pending arrivals are outside the office at Smith Lake with the individuals name and site number. When you call the office number you will get a recording.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #17312 by TCrawf5825
These closings are 100 % unsat !! I just don't see any good logic. Let's take Admiral Baker in San Diego for example. I can pay via telephone, go to the office, get my paperwork posted outside (like what happens when checking in after-hours at a civilian park. Then go to the site and hook up without even coming in contact with anyone. So knowing that management could help us without endangering their people what is the real reason? Many of us are full-time Rv'ers and without parks, we are screwed. I explained that to the operator at 877-NAVYBEd and was told: "can't you go to a civilian park ?"

That comment highlights the problem! The military has a reputation for helping its people both active and retired in times of crisis. Instead, it appears that the prevailing attitude has changed too, To hell with you, we don't want anything to do with you, go out in town and pay double if you can find a place, we just don't give a damn. Management ( I refuse to call them leaders, even bad ones) disgusts me and should at a minimum be reprimanded. They are not helping their people while actively hurting us full-time RVers.

More
4 years 1 month ago #17313 by sussyq
Has anyone heard about NC On Slow Beach campground?

More
4 years 1 month ago #17314 by LadyME
As of today, 3/23/2020
1. Camp Meade, MD. RV park closed, nobody in office.Can email to get refund for reservations.
2. Parris Island, SC. Entire base is closed to all except permanent folks. Nobody in office to cancel reservation. Try emailing for refund.
3. Onslow Beach, NC still open and taking reservations

More
4 years 1 month ago #17316 by Joe in TN
Sorry, tetonchief52, but I think it is stupid that RVers are allowed to stay at McDill for 180 days in the first place. This is a campground, not a place for homesteading. I sincerely hope you are allowed to stay, but I do think a policy change is in order so that others are allowed to use the campground occasionally.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregm2k

More
4 years 1 month ago #17317 by Bothfeet
Blue Angel Rec Area Pensacola is not accepting new reservations until May 11. Can stay if you are already here
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds