Campgrpound Closures - Corona Virus

More
4 years 1 week ago #17264 by BrewMeister
Our reservations for next Wednesday, 24 March 2020 at Key West, Florida, (Navy@Trumbo) were unceremoniously cancelled this morning at 1024hrs, per the system generated email I received. No phone call.

TTFN
Tim
The following user(s) said Thank You: larryf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #17265 by wb4zit
Saw a quote from a Fort Gordon announcement today on a local TV station web site that said the Pointes West Rec Area at Lake Thurmond would remain open. The gyms, swimming pool, and bowling center are only open to active duty. The Commissary will only serve active duty and dependents from 9:00 A.M. until 1:00 P.M. I assume that means the rest of us retired slugs can go in after 1:00 P.M.....to see if there is any toilet paper or bread.

Mel Linville
US Army MSG (Ret)
2020 Ram 2500 Hemi and shopping for a cheap, used, small 5th wheel
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by wb4zit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geiger

More
4 years 1 week ago #17266 by akfiredog377
Pine View Closed. That sucks. Looks like a nice little CG. Are they planning on reopening after this mess goes away ?

More
4 years 1 week ago #17267 by akfiredog377
All these CG closing is a bad idea. They want people to social distance, but close down areas where we can
The following user(s) said Thank You: JudyC

More
4 years 1 week ago #17269 by Teeshot1
RE; Little Rock AFB
Thanks for the info. Is this policy in writing? I would like a copy or a link stating that policy to provide to MWR at my military campground.

More
4 years 1 week ago - 4 years 1 week ago #17270 by dave3687
We are at NAS Pensacola campground and were just told that after tomorrow 03/20/20 there will be no new campers allowed in. Those that are here can stay for the duration of their of their reservations but can not extend. What we were told is that is going to be Navy wide but that is just hearsay and I don't have any facts to corroborate it. Also the National Museum of Naval Aviation here closed on Monday 03/16/20 and it is really strange not seeing the parking lot full. I'll let you know if anything changes.

UPDATE: We have just been told that we can now extend to May 11 2020.
Last edit: 4 years 1 week ago by dave3687. Reason: New information

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds