Concealed carry

More
8 years 1 month ago #14545 by airlifter
Replied by airlifter on topic Concealed carry
We stayed at Paris Island a while back. I called ahead to ask if I could check my weapon when I came on base. They told me that the only people allowed to check weapons were law enforcement.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #14546 by 17oaks
Replied by 17oaks on topic Concealed carry
I have all but stopped going on any federal installation. Maybe once a year around Christmas I will head over to the PX/BX and get some import candies, but other than that there is little reason to go. I can shop around and buy major end items just as cheap if not more so. When were were shopping for new washer/dryer I caught a sale at Lowe's and bought WAY below the on base price.

I remember my dad who came to visit me in '74 when I was at Ft Hood, I was a 2nd Infantry platoon ldr. Dad went in '34 into the Infantry, retired in 62, As dad left and we were out in the parking lot he said: Sure brought back a lot of memories and things have not changed as much as I thought they would have.

I retired in '94 and I do not even know the military of today, its as alien as it can be.

I find the whole thing with guns repulsive. I am not a mulsim and was trusted with a gun my whole career, today I am not??????

Yea, I could tell them no I don't have a firearm, but that goes against my value set, so I just don't go any more.

More
8 years 1 month ago #14570 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Concealed carry
Not trying to change your mind about base visits, but just wanted to point out that the AAFES stores will match prices with ANY off base retailer for an IDENTICAL item and you never have to pay sales tax on base. Just in case you didn't already know that. We both have carry licenses but never carry on base which we visit about 5 times a week for various reasons. Works for us, but may not for others. And Commissary prices have been proven time and time again to be GENERALLY cheaper overall than any civilian food store/chain locally. :)

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

More
8 years 1 month ago #14576 by 17oaks
Replied by 17oaks on topic Concealed carry
While I have a CCL I don't carry often, but I do keep a gun in my truck, as I stated I own a business and we need to make cash desposits on a regular basis and I don't want to get into 'do I have the gun in the truck today or did I leave it at home?' We make cash deposits about once a week, but rarely on a regular basis (like every Fri). Our place is N of San Antonio about 1 hr and a trip into SA is an all day deal, COSTCO, Sam's, Wal Mart, deposit at USAA, Tractor Supply and to my distributor to pick up supplies for our business etc. Left the place at 10:30 this am and rolled in at 8:45 and we rolled all day. To be honest adding on a PX/BX stop just is not in our cards, we only hit SA about once a week...today, drove almost 200 mi. I know lots of other retires that do same. My guess is if I lived in SA where I have 3, 4 not sure how many PX/BX there are but plenty to chose from I would no doubt do more shopping there, especially if they sold John Deere equipment, LOL.

When I am not on my JD or clearing land or building ponds on my place on someone else's or tending to my business and doing trade shows thru the year, remodeling the old ranch house I try to find some time with my wife and dogs. Gonna make sure the Grim Reaper has to run his butt off to catch the 70's old man.

More
8 years 1 month ago #14588 by Frank A.
Replied by Frank A. on topic Concealed carry
I was at Uchee Creek last week and went through the gates to the main post probably 20 times. I was never asked about a weapon. I don't travel with weapons because I do stay on military installations and it's a hassle. And I would never tell a security person I don't have one if I do. A person at the AAFES gun shop told me that if I got a lock box and put my weapon in there and if I was ever searched they would never ask me to unlock it. I don't trust that. So my weapon continues to stay home. They should do like states that don't honor you concealed license from you home state. Take California, they don't honor my license. All I have to do is unload and place it in the rear of the vehicle out of my reach.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 weeks ago #14612 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Concealed carry
we always call first
get a name and procedure
some will tell you if its in the rv in a locked area, not to say yes.
others simply tell you to let the sentry know and its locked in safe or lock box
and others say NO NO NO NO
some say yes and let you check them in the armory
its dependent on the base commander
AFB seem to be the best at allowing with limited issues
be safe and call ahead.

Time to create page: 0.548 seconds