Concealed carry

More
8 years 1 month ago #14635 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Concealed carry

Navyzone wrote: The second amendment was given to you by our founding fathers, not the Deity

Au contraire monsieur, the founding fathers believed whole heartedly that our rights were given to us by God as is clearly shown in the second paragraph of the Declaration of Independence: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." And the Bill of Rights gives us further clarification as to specific rights beyond Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness - such as the Second Amendment.
:)

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #14636 by Frank A.
Replied by Frank A. on topic Concealed carry
Now we're quoting the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights like everybody thinks everybody is stupid! It still doesn't change the gun regulations for military installations!

More
8 years 1 month ago #14637 by wrvond
Replied by wrvond on topic Concealed carry
We may have the right to carry, but businesses, installations, homeowners, all have the right to deny entry to anybody carrying a weapon.
Everybody has to make a choice how they respond to the various rules of the different installations. If I find my weapon isn't welcome then I am free to exercise my right to go somewhere else.
I have yet to have any kind of confrontation with base personnel or business owners/managers. Mostly because concealed means simply that.
When we camped at the Air Force base in Charleston, SC, we had to pull our camper through a giant X-ray machine at the gate. I thought that was a pretty efficient way to handle the vehicle search procedure. I didn't have a weapon with me that time, but still wonder if the resolution was fine enough to reveal something that small. I also wonder if it would reveal the contents of one of those built in gun safes under the console of the truck.
Interesting stuff!

More
8 years 1 month ago #14639 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Concealed carry

Frank A. wrote: Now we're quoting the Declaration of Independence and Bill of Rights like everybody thinks everybody is stupid! It still doesn't change the gun regulations for military installations!

My previous comment was directed at one person, and one person only. It did not indicate he or anybody else is stupid. So what, if any, point are you trying to make? All of us following this thread already know that military installations have unique gun regulations and generally don't allow them on their property. You SEEM to be wrapped up in making sure we all know that and you SEEM to have a big problem with that policy. I'm having a real problem understanding exactly what it is that gets you so riled up with this issue. Most of us on here understand the policy and act accordingly. What would you suggest we all do?

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

More
8 years 1 month ago #14640 by Frank A.
Replied by Frank A. on topic Concealed carry
I'm not the one that's riled. I don't have a problem with anything. I leave my weapons at home, no big deal. It's a privilege as a member of this group to voice my opinion and I'll continue to do so as long as the administrator allows me to.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #14642 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Concealed carry
I suggest slingshots at ten paces guys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Frank A.

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds