Concealed carry

More
6 years 9 months ago #16175 by mvizinho
Replied by mvizinho on topic Concealed carry
Any new updates or changes to " RETIREES" carrying a weapon in an RV when traveling or staying on Base??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 8 months ago #16183 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Concealed carry

mvizinho wrote: Any new updates or changes to " RETIREES" carrying a weapon in an RV when traveling or staying on Base??

In a word - "No!" DoDD 5210.56, November 18, 2016 appears to apply to AD only. There is no reference to retirees anywhere in that directive. And the directive states that an 05 or higher commander "MAY" approve CC; not that they "SHALL" approve CC.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
The following user(s) said Thank You: mvizinho

More
6 years 6 months ago #16361 by rknott
Replied by rknott on topic Concealed carry
I travel cross country using a 5th wheel camper for my lodging. My spouse and I also both have Concealed Carry permits. We always make it a point to remove our firearms from our person, unload them and lock the unloaded firearms in a lock box in our 5th wheel, separate from our ammo prior to entering any military facility to utilize their camping facilities. Our policy is that if we are ever asked if we have any firearms, that we will disclose that we do, and where they are. However, we have never been asked at any of the facilities we have stayed at whether we have any firearms with us or not. We keep our firearms stored unloaded in the lockboxes inside of the 5th wheel the entire time that we are on the base, and only remove them, load them and place them back on our person after leaving the military installation. So far, this policy has worked for us, and we plan to continue this procedure.

More
6 years 3 months ago #16501 by Oldchief
Replied by Oldchief on topic Concealed carry
We evacuated Hurricane Matthew last year and evaced to Tampa. Made a visit to MacDill and I told guard at gate I had a gun. He had me pull over and show it to him. A staff sergeant with some salt.

I showed him it was unloaded and ammo in different location. He told me to leave it that way and proceed.

I do have a FL CCW and am also retired law enforcement and had my current HR218 card, both of which helped.

I WOULD NEVER LIE TO THEM. i live just outside Patrick AFB and go there all the time. I never take a gun with me to Patrick.

More
5 years 7 months ago #16780 by Don C
Replied by Don C on topic Concealed carry
Totally agree. Posts and bases often do not ask about weapons although some always do. If asked you are duty bound and honor bound to declare the weapon. A trip to the armory is not such a bad thing.

LTC, Ret, US Army Reserve

Time to create page: 0.428 seconds