3.9 30
Texas 84879
January 2023
Overall rating

Cleanliness/Hospitality

Amenities/Facilities

Value

Overall Experience

This is a small RV park on Lake Amistad affiliated with Laughlin AFB. There are 15 full hook-up sites and a few sites for tents and RVs with electric and water only. The park was clean and seemed to be well cared for. Each site had its own metal awning over their picnic tables and they had contractors doing maintenance and painting these while we were there. The laundry facilities were free to use, the laundry room was clean, and the machines were well cared for. The views were amazing at sunset and sunrise. It was very peaceful to look over the lake and see the birds just gliding on the breeze. There are signs of bigger wildlife around, but we didn't see it. The main feedback I have is in regard to the booking process. Booking was easy and the office called the day before to provide my site number since they'd be closed on our arrival date. However, when we arrived someone else was at our spot and already all setup. When we talked, he informed me that he had also been told that same site number. We just went ahead and took another empty spot and thankfully there was one. But, when discussing with the office, several people told me that their computers sometimes have issues and lose an entire reservation. Other than this one small issue, we had no complaints. Tips: Take a day trip to the Seminole Canyon State Park and Historic Site about 30 minutes away. They have a relatively easy 1.5-mile hike (1.5 hours) to see ancient rock art from thousands of years ago. We needed a vet visit while here and initially booked an appointment at Val Verde Vet in Del Rio. Upon arriving, there was a significant smell in the lobby that smelled like unclean kennels. It was the kind of smell that had been around for a while. We left and went to Del Rio Veterinary Diagnostic hospital. I'm so glad we did. It was night and day different.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 2 0

Comments

To write a comment please register or