Anybody else out there bored?

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #11189 by monkey44
That's okay John - it's the only time you've even been right, and it seems that was only an accident of timing. SO, you get one just to make you feel good.

Hey - where are you? I'm leaving for the north next month and up the BRM. Heading up to visit my son and Genie's flying up later and we're heading to the west coast. Will you be in NY again?? We'll be tripping through Buffalo then south and west around Chicago - gotta miss that one, traffic thru there is like sitting in a parking lot.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by monkey44.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #11190 by Sarge3398
I'm busy getting my new camper ready to roll Bill, so I'm still here in Jawja. Heading down to Florida next month to see a friend of mine, then a few of us are meeting up at Pelican Roost on the 21st of April for a couple of weeks. From there, it's up to Pointes West for the Spring Get Together with the mob for the month of May.

I'm taking my grandkids to Fort Fisher at Kure Beach, NC when they get out of school the beginning of June for our annual "Please Papa, Give Us A Break From Our Parents!!!" vacation. Then back to Georgia for the birth of the two newest grandkids...my daughter is having twins. Guess I'm gonna have to get a bigger camper in a couple of years! LOL

I'll be in New York, but not until August. From there, who knows?

I know what you mean about Chicago, but if you time it right and there's no accidents it's not TOO bad. I usually stop the night before at a PA campground in LaPorte, IN and leave the next morning around 7:30. It's about an hour and a half from Chicago and the rush hour traffic is pretty much over by the time I get there. I breezed through it last year on the way west, but I drop down to I-80 and don't head back up north until I'm past Chicago. Good luck!

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #11191 by monkey44
Well - stop on the way to visit your friend, and we'll fix you breakfast -- or, something if your passing JAX. If not, will shoot over Pelican's Roost or Point's West when I head north - around end of April looks like.

Gotta check out your new condo on wheels ... :)

Matter of fact, a rest stop on 1-95 five minutes from the TH ... park it, and will pick you up.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by monkey44.

More
11 years 1 month ago #11201 by Sarge3398
She's on the Gulf Coast, so I won't be going down I95. :(

We'll be at Pelican Roost from April 21st to May 5th. Hope to see ya there!!

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #11354 by LamSan
As we wrap up our 5 month journey we are now at the last military campground and it is our first visit here but definitely not our last. We are at NASJRB in New Orleans and this gets put on our go to list for next winter. Reviews are right on and they definitely set the bar high with rules and regulations and a large packet is handed out so you know what is expected of you. The two seperate campgrounds similar to what Pelican Roost has is ideal for travelers and those needing a place to stay longer. The long stay campground is very neat and pride in ownership is apparent. This is an area you can be in for several weeks and you will not get BORED! As you start to visit restaurants and attractions be sure to ask about military discount as we got a 50% discount at Boomtown for the buffet and in the French Market at Margaritaville we got a 25% discount on our meal. This is a first for us that a military discount was this high. The campground this time of year is about 25% occupied and weather is not much different than what we experience in Florida in the spring/early summer. Sites and interior roads are excellent; had no trouble backing in our 45'class A and we are in site 42 with a fence between us and the long term campground, good strong parking pad, water pressure and quality of water is better than expected, electric is excellent and yes I know it is new but they built this campground with quality materials and high standards so makes a difference in how it will be years from now. Kenny and any other personnel husband deals with are super and they probably will be looking for a host in the near future so watch for posting here. You really need to come and stay at this campground if you have the opportunity!
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by LamSan. Reason: rewording
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sarge3398

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds