Anybody else out there bored?

More
11 years 3 months ago #11091 by LamSan
Way to go Frank, probably a no brainer as not too many Marine Corps bases but first time here and wanted to jump back into the website with posting pics. Will be moving on in about 2 weeks so will keep posting pics as we keep enjoying this great land of ours. This scanning thing is just the way to go for us as it is the KISS method for us non-techies.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #11093 by Sarge3398

Frank A. wrote: Here we go Sarge! I made my phone call and they said Seabreeze RV Resort. Point Mugu is in that range also but Seabreeze is my answer.

You've got it Frank! Seabreeze at Seal Beach is a beautiful campground with it's own private beach. Large concrete pads, with a smaller pad for your vehicle. Somewhat of a PITA to get to, but it's close to all the major L.A. attractions.

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
11 years 2 months ago #11094 by Frank A.
Since there aren't any guesses for my CG photos I'm going to give it away. This place is located in a state bordered on the south with Michigan. That narrows it down to two states.

More
11 years 2 months ago #11098 by Frank A.
I'm not getting any interest in my pictures so will identify the location. It's Bass Lake Fam Camp at Wright-Patterson AFB.

More
11 years 2 months ago #11102 by Sarge3398
That was pretty sneaky Frank...Illinois is bordered on the NORTH by Michigan! Sent us all to Wisconsin! :laugh:

The one I was going to post of this campground really doesn't show enough detail to properly identify it, so I'm posting a photo of a landmark on the base that should give you and idea of where it is:

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
11 years 2 months ago #11103 by Frank A.
I'm sorry Sarge. Check your map again. Illinois does not border Michigan. Indiana and Ohio does to the south. Wisconsin borders the south side of the Upper Peninsula.

As for your photo. It's got to be Barrancas National Cemetery on NAS Pensacola. I'm spending two weeks at Oak Grove in April.

Time to create page: 0.461 seconds