Possibly the most expensive military campground in the natio

More
16 years 5 months ago #2053 by rwarner11
This is an eye-opener on the rising costs of staying at FAMCAMPs. My wife and I concur with the comments at Short Stay in SC. It was a very nice place, a little out of the way but very affordable with a great group running it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #2062 by christhebigfoot2000
Well prices are going up all over and that sure does include "our" campgrounds. I get a little moved at seeing prices go up just like the rest. But I wonder to myself and now out loud I guess what do you guyz do about civilian campgrounds that are in most cases much more pricey than "our" campgrounds with no more amenities and some that are downright dumps. When we started full timing 7 yrs ago campgrounds averaged just around $20 a night. They sure run a lot more than that now. Still beats staying in a motel. Several of "our" campgrounds were opened up to "civilians" because "we" were not utilizing them and they were becoming a burden to maintain in a manner to which "we" thought they should be maintained for the day we might arrive there. Nothing is free. Everything has a price and it has to pull its own weight. I think about when I retired that there was no such thing, at least that I ever heard about...military campgrounds. I go into the PX/BX's and look at the price of casual clothing and it is out of sight...in my opinion, so I buy someplace else where I can find a larger selection and better price for a polo shirt and shorts. Price or cost of stuff was not included in anybodys retirement contract that I remember.
Chris the Bigfoot

More
16 years 5 months ago #2086 by lyman
I hear a couple months ago the rates were going up. Talked to one full time rv retired that used to stay for 3 months but said will not use it at all. I am sorry to say I live in Wi and everything in our state is high. They have always screwed with anything close to military, that is why there is only one base in state. Seems like everything else that happens with these military campgrounds each base does whatever they chose to and do not seem to have to answer to anyone. I think you need a letter concerning this signed by everyone who uses this site. Send to base cmd and than up the chain. If you could get about 5,000 names and signatures I believe someone will listen. But one at time will do no good. Does anyone else have any ideas???

More
16 years 3 months ago #2396 by Fixit
just looked at the web page and I can not afford that place.nor would I pay those prices even if I could afford it.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2410 by mikecfr
Lon, could you add your comments to ICE. Their web page has a place for comments to ICE. If enough of us comment, maybe it will change things. Within 2 years, that campground could very well be all civilian.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2435 by BackRoadMike
I'm a newby to this site, but I've used many military & civilian campgrounds all over this country. The only time I've ever paid fees this high was during a Bike Week event, and we all know they price gouge during those. Looking at the letter from Mr. Budda I think his signature pretty well sums up his Justification: Business Activities Director. Since when did MWR become a business ?

Time to create page: 0.532 seconds