An area for new users to tell us about yourself. Welcome!

USCG Retired CPO Reporting for Fun

More
10 years 6 months ago #12210 by stanbnv
1. Some RVs have the instant hot water heaters, but I think that they are optional and cost$$$. Otherwise, and I only have experience with 5th wheels, you have either a 6 or 10 gallon hot water tank so if you want a hot shower, sea shower, modified.
2. Usually they are supplied on new rigs, maybe on used. Good idea to have at least 20 feet available as some parks have hookups in less than desirable places.
3. Some RV parks require you to use them to keep your hose off the ground. I have a metal, expanding one that I like better, and I carry an 8 foot length of rain gutter to extend it.
4. Wheel covers help keep UV rays off tires when parked for more than a couple of days. Wives think they look better.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #12211 by RVWanderlust
Thanks for the tips stanbnv. I'm sure we'll have more questions. But when I read your response to my wife, she was really impressed with your trips to Mexico.

She wants to know if you take your RV to Mexico for those 5 months? She had heard it was pretty dangerous to do so. Oh and where in Mexico do you go?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by RVWanderlust.

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #12212 by stanbnv
Yes we take our RV, we go to an RV park about 40 miles north ov Puerto Vallarta. It's called the La Penita RV Park, www.lapenitarvpark.com . We usually go down with a small caravan which is ran by the Canadian couple that run the park, mostly for new people that want to go but are intimidated by the news reports. We went last year on our own, but some friends are going on the caravan this year and we like to travel with them. If the US news reported US crime like they do Mexican crime the headlines would read "600 MORE people killed so far this year in the US" neglecting to mention that the 600 murders were in Chicago. We only get the local news about routine murders. How many outside of northern Nevada know that this last summer there were 4 people murdered in their homes in Fernley NV, 27 miles from where we live? BTW You can PM me for more info if you want.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by stanbnv.

More
10 years 6 months ago #12242 by Trike12
Welcome, retired in 97 from USCG. 2-180's 1-82 footer, OINC 2 river tenders, loved them all.
Still working for the Govt. As a Lockmaster on the Tombigbee River. We camp a lot in the Corps campgrounds around here an their is a lot of them. Have a 5th wheeler an duellie. Every now an then we get to Florida or Gulfshores. If I can answer any of ur questions just PM me... Coasties are few an far between on a lot of these boards... Did u know a CWO Vinson????

Have fun..

Steve & Cathy

Steve & Cathy
U.S.Coast Guard (retired)
Alabama

More
10 years 6 months ago #12243 by LamSan
Welcome from the little wife of a 23 year army guy and you probably just made one of the most exciting decisions of your life to start rv'ing. Do not be embarrassed to ask any questions as we all had to start from knowing nothing about rv's and all the stuff and toys that go with rv'ing. Best advice we can give you is talk to people when you go into campgrounds and observe folks setting up their rv's and their stuff to see if it is what you are looking for. One word of advice is when you decide to buy something if it can be bought at Walmart or another non Camping World store do yourself a favor and buy it at the non Camping World store as it will certainly cost you less. Have noticed lately Camping World prices are being advertised that something is on sale but they show the orginal price way over inflated and the sale price may still be more than at another store. Another benefit of rv'ing that is the best and that is meeting so many wonderful people and the stories they have to tell and when you see them only every couple years good luck on remembering everyones names. Best of luck to both of you and hope to add you to our list of fun couples we meet in FamCamps. Lambert and Sandi Elboeck

More
10 years 6 months ago #12245 by richardawhite
Do yourself a big favor, buy DIESEL.

Time to create page: 0.576 seconds