Scenic Routes- What's your opinion?

More
16 years 7 months ago #1652 by monkey44
Try Hwy 50 along the Arkansas River in Colorado -- very good two lane highway, no problem for large RV's ... lots of camping along the river too, although some of the sites will be too small for large RV's -- others will be fine -- it's a great ride tho!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 7 months ago #1666 by bblhed
Maybe it is just because I live in New England, but we have a lot of 4 lane blacktop around here that offers some scenic views. I would like to sedgiest that if you have a choice of connector roads, try the State Highway instead of the Interstate.

In Connecticut I recommend Rt. 8 (this can be a nice ride, but it does go through some urban areas)
Route 9 is also a really nice ride as well.

In Florida I recommend 417 (Off the beaten path and worth the toll to avoid the traffic of I-4)

More
15 years 9 months ago #3759 by cheldreth
Well, I am a confirmed East Coaster, but my trip up the northern California and Oregon coasts on 101 provided the finest scenery I have been blessed to see.

Curt

Curt Heldreth
Retired US Army
Retired HS Teacher
Copilot: Mary, NC Guardian ad Litem
Activities Director: Roscoe the Beagle
2006 Bounder 35E
2010 Malibu LS

More
15 years 9 months ago #3761 by DutchStar38
We just finished a trip from Sarasota,Fla to Newport,R.I. Our route was rather unusual because my brother-in-law was traveling by boat. So we docked at every marina possible as they moved. If you look and the ICW traveling up the East coast by boat is pretty simple but to attempt to tag along on the roadways makes for some interesting travel down roads that the RV barely fit on at times. We did a lot of dry camping in the marina parking lots, with their permission of course. We also did truck stops, MCG and commercial CG when marinas wouldn't allow us on property. It was a very interesting trip. We are currently back in Florida and when they decide to start their return we will venture out again to tag along on their way home.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3769 by Chancellor
Smoky Mountain Highway in the fall and Rt. 66 anytime!

More
15 years 9 months ago #3779 by monkey44
Right on -- Smokey Mountain Highway all the way to the north end, Skyline Drive ....... now that is about as beautiful as it gets in the eastern part of the USA ... particularly in the Fall --

Time to create page: 0.423 seconds