Scenic Routes- What's your opinion?

More
15 years 9 months ago #3789 by richardcooper101
My recommendation is Highway 20, The North Cascade Highway, in Washington State.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #3974 by Mad Dog
Rt 2 Maine & N.H. in late Sept and early Oct!!

More
15 years 8 months ago #3975 by FastEagle
Being from Maine I'll sort of second that Mad Dog. US1 to Calais then ME9 over to Bangor then US2 into NH. Great sight seeing all along the way.

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

More
15 years 8 months ago #3980 by Mad Dog
FastEagle have you tried Rt 11 from Medway to Fort Kent? It's nice in the fall and relaxing to drive, very little traffic most of the time. I'm from Maine also. Born and raised!!

More
15 years 8 months ago #3982 by FastEagle
I lived in Old Town when I was a teenager and have been all along ME11 on hunting and fishing trips. Also was up that way with my rig a few years ago.

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

More
15 years 7 months ago #4083 by sdianel
West Virginia! We just added I-77 N. through Bluefield and I-77 tollway to Beckley where we turned onto US-19. We stayed at Lake Summersville COE. Beautiful! The road to the park is a bit steep and a little windy in a couple of places, but it's wide and good. Lots of motorhomes there. We continued up US 19 to connect with I-79 into PA. Crossed the New River Gorge and stopped at the visitor center to check out the bridge. Once parked, we went by toad to Cass Scenic RR and took the train. Saw a bear cub cross the road! (where was mama???). We definitely will come back to WV!! Country Roads......

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds