Football

More
16 years 3 months ago #2380 by BackRoadMike
Replied by BackRoadMike on topic Re: Football
Just like Rodney Dangerfield, my Seahawks never get any respect. ;) I'll admit their running game hasn't been very good as of late, but they still have a chance. I think they will get past the Redskins. Of course, I sure hope I don't have to pick between the Hawks and Bret Favre. This decade is almost over. I'm ready to conceed it to the patriots and let someone else have a turn. ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2405 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Football
Well, right for sure -- here come the Seahawks, and San Diego showed some spunk in the second half, although pretty much anyone could do that against the Titans ... they are probably the weakest of the playoff teams.

Should be interesting next week Jags and NE -- two tough teams. Probably the best coached two of all playoff teams --

My guess -- NE and GB in the SB ... unless the Seahawks surprise everyone again.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2407 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: Football

My guess -- NE and GB in the SB ... unless the Seahawks surprise everyone again.

Don't rule out the Boys. It all depends on which team shows next Sunday.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

More
16 years 3 months ago #2409 by monkey44
That's true about the Cowboys, and any team can win on a given day -- BUT, and that's a huge but, the problem with the Cowboys will always be coaching as long as Jones owns the team, and especially now with Phillips ... Jones has a hard time keeping good coaches because he won't stay away from the field and interferring with the team. So, he gets mediocre coaches (Phillips), and/or even occasionally a good coach (Parcells) that is pissed at him so can't do a good job on the field. In fact, the Cowboys often have solid players ... just can't get grounded when the coach and the owner are quibbling all the time ... Jones reminds me of a five-year-old with expensive toys.

Note -- NO playoff wins for Dallas in eleven years ... that's hardly a tribute to Jones and his abilities.

More
16 years 3 months ago #2412 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: Football

So, he gets mediocre coaches (Phillips), and/or even occasionally a good coach (Parcells) that is pissed at him so can't do a good job on the field.

Actually, I think Wade Phillips was the right man at the right time. Parcells ran the operation like a Drill Sargent. That may have worked in the older days of the NFL but not today with their highly overpaid players and the way free agency works. Phillips just took them to the best regular season record in team history. Jones definitely is a problem but Phillips seems to have been able to "work around" him. We'll see this weekend which Dallas team shows up for the game. The one that wants it bad enough or the one that showed up for the last regular season game with no incentive to play.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

More
16 years 3 months ago #2413 by monkey44
Well, we have difference of opinion about Phillips ... but the Giants did not show much during the regular season (except at the end) but NE seems to have "tweaked" the Giants some. They played very well against the Pats and then again last weekend... and I'm not sure Phillips is the one that can get Dallas motivated again ... guess we'll see as I really have no favorite in that game. Plenty Dallas fans here tho, so never can tell. Like we said, any team on any given day -- even against the Pats.

Time to create page: 0.498 seconds