Football

More
16 years 2 months ago #2340 by monkey44
Football was created by monkey44
Well, we gotta hand it to the Patriots -- they definitely earned that record (s) -- great game by the Giants as well, with nothing to gain but pride ... and they sure earned a ton of respect in my book for playing the starters.

But, NE just keeps coming, and keeps coming, and keeps coming. A great team and a great coach. Now we'll see if they can win three more ... and end the season [with NO asterisk] !!! Great job, all of them, the whole team.

And hey Rick, your Cowboys got a steep hill to climb this time !!! M44

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #2347 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: Football

And hey Rick, your Cowboys got a steep hill to climb this time !!! M44

Maybe someone will get lucky and knock off the Pats in the playoffs. The way Dallas played today their not ready to beat anybody.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

More
16 years 2 months ago #2348 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Football
Way the Giants played Saturday, wouldn't be surprised if we get a rematch -- Green Bay and/or Dallas will have to beat them to get at NE ... might be interesting rematch if it happens --

More
16 years 2 months ago #2371 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: Football
Not being a Pats fan, I have to say that some of that 16-0 season was against some pretty lousy teams like the Bills and Jets twice, and of course Miami. Then they helped themselves by stealing a few signs. But I have to give them credit, they can put points on the board. They are good, even if I do say that begrudgingly.

If I had my choice of all the coaches, I'd probably pick Joe Gibbs.

As far as my Boys, I would have thought that they were going to the bowl with the Pats, but not very likely if they don't get their stuff together. But we fans know we have a good team. Why else would everyone hate them. :)

If NE is going to be in the bowl then I just hope whoever they play has what it takes to make it a good game. Nothing worse than having to turn off the tv at 1/2 time because of a slaughter.

More
16 years 2 months ago #2375 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Football
Have to agree with comment about some weak competition -- but every team gets a few weak teams every season ... Miami did too, when they ran the table in '72 ... matter of fact, Miami played more than half their games against teams under .500 win record. And every team gets a few breaks too, and a few ref calls -- for something like this undefeated run.

But, NE beat some good record teams too -- Colts, Dallas, Pittsburg, Chargers (the Jets :D ) and the Giants on the lst day -- that was no picnic.

And, I believe NE wins because they play as a team, not as a group of individuals - and that's coaching, not necessarily high-end talent. Remember too, Belichick goes out and gets "regular" level players, rather than highest-end college talent, and then raises the performance level of those players in a team atmosphere... Players want to play for NE because of that too, I think. And, when one of the players performs well (after this learning process) and wants to get the high bucks, he's usually looking for a job elsewhere -- notice TY Law for example. The Patriots are not about individual pay, they are about the game of football. That's pretty refreshing after all that goes on behind the scenes in pro sports today.

And, while we here -- I'm thinking Dallas or Green Bay for NFC of course, but don't rule the Giants out too quickly -- would be quite a rematch.

More
16 years 2 months ago #2378 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: Football

And, while we here -- I'm thinking Dallas or Green Bay for NFC of course, but don't rule the Giants out too quickly -- would be quite a rematch.

Dallas has already beat the Giants twice and Green Bay once. Now, if they'll just get their stuff together they may get to make it to the big dance, but not the way they are playing right now.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds