Football

More
16 years 2 months ago #2526 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Super Bowl Teams
Baseball, hockey, basketball, football. You Boston fans are insufferable!!!!!!!

So you have clam chowder. Everyone can do that. BUT do you know how to do BEEF BBQ?

Congradulations, Pats fans. 18-0. Very impressive!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 2 months ago #2527 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Football
Patriots need one more win ;D ;D ;D

Giants sure tried to give it away though ... kick, kick, kick and finally a FG ... should be an interesting re-match NE and NY ... guess that leaves the rest of the USA out in the cold ...

"Unsufferable" says Rick -- ouch, ouch, ouch ... lest we forget how long the Red Sox drought was -- lots of years with out a WS ... 86 to be exact.

More
16 years 2 months ago #2530 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: Football
Well, our Cowboys didn't make it, again. I'm an NFC fan and especially the NFC East. So here's rooting for the Giants. Although there is something to be said about the Pats being able to shut up those old fish down in southern Florida. Always made me angry everytime they pulled out the bubbly each year when the last time got their first defeat of the season. Pats, with 18-0, have already surpassed that old teams 16-0 record.

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

More
16 years 2 months ago #2541 by AdventPreacher
Replied by AdventPreacher on topic Re: Football
I've been watching the Patriots faithfully. One of the things that I noticed during the final games of the season is that the difference between the scores was usually a quarterback error (interception) or a fumble that turned into points for the Pats. The games were close, and well played by both teams. I thought that Brady was the significant difference. But, in this last game, Brady was intercepted more than once, and threw several lousy passes that missed the mark. Still, they won. Their defense came to the front for them. Eli and the Giants will give the Pats a run for their money in February, and, I think, have a real chance of winning. It will be interesting to watch the odds-makers set this one up.

More
16 years 2 months ago #2562 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: Football
"Unsufferable" says Rick -- ouch, ouch, ouch ... lest we forget how long the Red Sox drought was -- lots of years with out a WS ... 86 to be exact.
[/quote]

Monkey> It?s ?insufferable? because you have too many winning teams up there. You?re hogging all the glory. I suspect Tiger is a latent Bostonian. J

Everyone knows that the real rival hatred in the NFC East is between the Redskins and the Dallas, so I?m not against New York despite the fact that they made my Boys look bad. But there is something not quite right about a wild card team going to the super bowl. Doesn?t matter that they won the right to do so. It just isn?t quite right. So this Cowboy fan is going to go ?all in? for the Pats.

Only for this season, tho!!

More
16 years 2 months ago #2564 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Football
As we all know, on any given day any NFL team can beat any other NFL team. And, we play this out so the team the wins when it counts, gets the "big pot" at the end. Although I do have many favorite home-teams and home-towns, having moved around alot ... I was born here in Mass and so these are my all over favorite teams (Red Sox and Patriots) ... and Boston teams keep winning in part because of fan support ... I also frequently winter in Tampa and grew up in Los Angeles, and lived near Oakland and San Fransisco, and my wife is from Buffalo ... etc, etc, etc ... so I always have a team to root for.

But more than anything, I like to see good games and good sportsmanship ...

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds