Superbowl Bound?

More
11 years 3 months ago #10795 by skyking8
Superbowl Bound? was created by skyking8
Texans and the Falcons. It's a no brainer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #10796 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Superbowl Bound?
Falcon's gonna have to beat San Francisco first. 49'ers are looking very tough this year.

Patriots will stay in the hunt, but need better defense.

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #10855 by monkey44
So, some pretty interesting games so far SF still looks very, very tough. Coach sure found a nugget QB, although his running game adds a lot, I'm still of the mind that QB's that run often as a part of the game plan, get hurt.

Manning performed right up there with his normal screw-up at the end of a win/lose situation in a play-off game. SOME people blame the coach for taking a knee - BS, Manning tosses the interception, as usual, and determined the need for extra time. Ravens have a good team, hope NE wins today and plays them next week.

Oppps gotta get past Houston today, although I believe Houston will be looking at a loss today but at an even better season next year.

I'm hoping SF and NE in SB, of course.

Notice one team that should be sitting and isn't. Seattle not sue how it got here, but it probably will never (never says never monkey!!) get there with Pete Carroll who will never be anything but a college level coach - teams keep making the mistake and hire him though ...
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by monkey44.

More
11 years 3 months ago #10858 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Re: Superbowl Bound?
What a wild playoff weekend this turned into. Would like to see the Ravens take it all but doubt they will. As for Mannings performance and screw ups we are with you Monkey, his rep has been knocked down a peg or two after what HE did, no one else and his comment about inexperienced players is his usual way of not accepting blame for mistakes he made or contributed to. As for Houston they were so out of there league it was not worth watching till the end.

More
11 years 3 months ago #10861 by monkey44
Yes, great games, haven't watched a playoff weekend like it for a very long time.

I've always been surprised Payton Manning gets so much hype (Best ever QB? etc - what BS) - Have always though he was a bit above mediocre, and got lots of good press. Have always though Eli is better, and that's been proved a couple times when it counted.

Payton wins lots of games, but falls apart when his team hits the playoffs. Last time I looked, he has a LOSING record in playoff games (9-11) ... nothing to puff a chest about.

But, no matter where you drop the ball, hard to find a better QB than Brady. He just doesn't give up, and performs under pressure - Can't recall a QB that's been that consistently successful since Terry Bradshaw ...

SF was definitely impressive and Kaepernick was exception - especially for a rookie - although he better quit running and learn how to sit and rotate in that pocket or he'll be spending more time in the clinic than on the field - running QB's don't last long.

As predicted, probably SF and NE, a coast 2 coast SB. Should be a good one.

More
11 years 3 months ago #10863 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: Superbowl Bound?
Well, my Texans got bucked off their horse. Other than Brady and Wes Welker, I don't think NE has a better overall team, but they certainly have a better coaching staff. That's going to be hard to beat by anyone. So since half my prediction is gone, I'll keep my fingers crossed for the Falcons.

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds