Verizon Discount

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #6670 by johnandmari
Replied by johnandmari on topic Re:Verizon Discount
Looking for help on the Verizon Military discount. Went to the local Verizon dealer and asked about the discount, showed my ID card, and then the fun began. I was told they do give the military discount, but that they could not copy my retired AF ID card (against government regs?), then I was asked for a pay stub. When I told them I don’t receive pay stubs, they said they were unable to help me. Called Verizon and was basically told the same thing. What am I doing wrong?

I have been a Verizon customer for almost seven years!
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by johnandmari.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6671 by wb4zit
Replied by wb4zit on topic Re:Verizon Discount
I think I posted this once before but just in case; if you have kept your .mil or .gov email address through your service's web portal you can get your verizon discount online by following the link below and putting in your zip code and "official" government email address. They will send a confirmation email to your .mil or .gov address with a link to complete the sign up. The discount will be applied within the next one or two billing cycles. I signed up this way using my @us.army.mil email address and the discount was applied the next billing cycle. Doesn't matter if you are retired or active as long as you have an "official" email address....civil service too.

b2b.vzw.com/employee/employeediscount.html

Mel Linville
US Army MSG (Ret)
2020 Ram 2500 Hemi and shopping for a cheap, used, small 5th wheel

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 years 6 months ago #6673 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re:Verizon Discount
Thanks for all your info on the Verizon Discount. We had asked about it a year ago and were told they had no discounts at that time for military. We are visiting family in N.C. and we went to the closest Verizon Wireless Store and they made a copy of my DD214 and our next bill will have the 15% discount on the phone portion only, not broadband as someone mentioned.

More
14 years 6 months ago #6677 by johnandmari
Replied by johnandmari on topic Re:Verizon Discount
Thanks wb4zit. Unfortunately, when I retired, there were no email addresses – yeah, I’m ancient! Based on what lamsan (above) said about showing his DD214, it clearly looks like each office approaches the discount differently. Regarding the email account, now I understand what both the folks at the Verizon dealer and the person I spoke with at Verizon were asking – what is my email account? Oh well, I’ll just keep trying.

Thanks for your input - John

More
14 years 6 months ago #6678 by Sarge3398
Replied by Sarge3398 on topic Re:Verizon Discount
I talked to Verizon about this yesterday (not the local office, but the HQ...the local office told me it was for active duty only.) Their reply was to bring in a copy of your DD 214 showing branch, length of service, and current status and the local office will make the arrangements to start your discount. It will take about 30 days to show up on your account. If they give you any static, have them call Verizon to verify that the discount does in fact exist (you can use *611 for this....follow the menu to "billing questions" and you'll get a representative.)

Apparently, there's a lot of Verizon folks who aren't aware of the military discount for retirees. The guy at the home office had to look it up too.

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
14 years 6 months ago #6679 by carrollg
Replied by carrollg on topic Re:Verizon Discount
If you are in DEERS you can request an "af.mil" address via Air Force Crossroads @ www.afcrossroads.com/

Likewise, if you are an Army retiree you can request an AKO/DKO account and if you're again in DEERS, an active duty Army soldier or retiree can "sponsor" you for a guest account!

[email protected]
[email protected]

Also, are you dealing with a Verizon "Corporate" Store or an independent "franchise" store?

:cheer:

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds