Admiral Baker Rate Increase

More
13 years 3 months ago #8121 by stanbnv
I just did a quick check on San Diego Mission Bay RV Resort, and for a week in May, the cheapest was $350, so Adm Baker looks like a bargain to me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8122 by floridakamper
They'd have to give me more than $300 to spend a month at El Centro.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8129 by Martin64
floridakamper wrote:

They'd have to give me more than $300 to spend a month at El Centro.

I work over in the area, so the Imperial Valley is my home a week at a time. I'm currently renting a trailer spot on a small ranch that's going up for auction next week or so, so NAF isn't a bad option for me until I can find another spot somewhere else.....there are better places to be, but I have a really good job so it's a huge trade-off.

More
13 years 2 months ago #8213 by NAVYBLUE
I have sent the paragraph below to all the military campgrounds on this site whose daily rate is $30.00 or more via the ICE system at each campground. Those who do not list their ICE site, I use another way. If you go to ice.disa.mil website you can find some of the bases there broken down by military and CONUS/other. I highly encourage each and every one of you to voice your displeasure in your own words via ICE. I started with the California ones first. United we stand, divided we fall.

"To Whom It May Concern:

As a retired NAVY E-9, I am concerned about the escalating prices for military facilities campground RV sites. The threshold of $30.00 and more per day for retirees/active duty has been reached by more and more bases and has drawn a lot of attention by military based RV websites(militarycampgrounds.us). I have asked my fellow retirees to join me in not visiting those bases who want to make up for MWR shortcomings by passing losses in other MWR activities on to the campground users. In addition, your command doesn’t even offer a monthly rate to cushion the blow of your excessive rate. What is even more disturbing is active duty having to pay these rates also. Be advised my motor coach will not be visiting your base and I hope others follow suit."
The following user(s) said Thank You: MommaBird, clcampers

More
13 years 2 months ago #8319 by MommaBird
This is not about a navy base but is about a ridiculous increase. Twenty-nine Palms MCCS went up on March 1 from $20 per day to $25, 25% increase. This is a campground without even a restroom or laundry on site. I thought the $20 was too high. The weekly rate went from $125 to $154. But the real kicker, the monthly rate only went up $5, from $295 to $300!

Seems they want to encourage homesteading and discourage camping. Two weeks cost more than a month!

More
12 years 8 months ago #8815 by AF MSgt
I dunno'. I stayed here last fall to see AF Academy play San Diego State. Exceptional park with excellent facilities. I really don't mind a few dollars extra for a nice place in a great location. Just my .02 worth.....

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds