Admiral Baker Rate Increase

More
13 years 10 months ago #7482 by jkbittle
I may have been given erroneous information by the staff at Admiral Baker regarding the $35 dollar rate for retirees.

I just spoke with a retiree who was at AB and he stated that he paid $30 dollars per night.

They absolutely told me $35 dollars. I questioned them twice when I heard the amount. I will call them again and see what I am told.

I have not heard of any Navy wide standardiztion. I think the huge price increase is strictly Navy Region Southwest here in California.

Have a great 4th.

Jack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #7585 by jkbittle
Admiral Baker did drop their rate for retirees back to $30 per night.

I am currently at Monterey Pines RV Park in Monterey, CA and their rates increased to $30 per night as of July 1st.

Happy travels.

Jack

More
13 years 8 months ago #7589 by monkey44
$30 is pretty high, anyway, for an MCG ... this is a benefit we earned, and one of the problems sometimes is the local CGs rates are taken into consideration ... which should have no effect on what a base charges.

Similar to the reason our gas station charges same as local rates ... to keep competitive local gas stations, which should have NOTHING to do with our prices.

More
13 years 4 months ago #8033 by Blackhawk
Having recently stayed at The Naval Construction Battalion Center at Port Hueneme FamCamp, I was shocked by this increase.

From what I understood from the woman in the office is that this standard rate increase is in that Naval District only.

Hope this increase is not for all Navy bases. If so, then that may rule out staying at JAX NAS next winter.

More
13 years 4 months ago #8045 by jkbittle
I think this increase is for California only. I am at Eagle Hammock RV Park at Kings Bay Sub Base and they have not raised their rates. Only $434 per month. We checked out Jacksonville NAS and for now their rates have not increased. Cannot say what will happen by next winter.

Have you heard anything about the bases in CA raising the rate to $35 per day later this year? This was the rumor when I was in that area last year.

More
13 years 3 months ago #8120 by Martin64
I'm (possibly) going to move onto NAF El Centro for a bit and seen that they raised their rates from $250 to $300 a month also. But, back on topic, Admiral Baker is a nice area yet close to everthing you'd ever want. You will find a lot worse places for $30 a night!

Time to create page: 0.533 seconds