MacDill ??

More
7 years 11 months ago #14710 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic MacDill ??
Glad we didn't believe 'em when they told us it would be a couple weeks, last December. The only time we stop at MacDill anymore is for overnight heading south, or north, and for commissary. That campground could be excellent, but hasn't been run well for ten years or so.

The staff wasn't any better when they did have a bathroom and a lounge ... so it hasn't changed with the trailer they now work in.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #14826 by maxjr758
Replied by maxjr758 on topic MacDill ??
ANY UPDATES ON MCDILL?
I called a week or so ago to make reservations, and was told none were needed as there would be plenty of spaces available! I also asked about temp storage for 7 days while my wife and I go on a 7 day cruise out of FT Lauderdale for our 10th Anniversary. Was told short, and long term storage was available.
After seeing this I'm wondering if Patrick AFB would be a better choice, as it's closers to FT Lauderdale anyway I belive.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! We will be coming from a 7 day stay at the USCG MARATHON KEY.

2017 THOR CHALLENGER 37TB
2018 FORD EXPLORER
ACME EZ TOW TOW DOLLY
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by maxjr758. Reason: Speĺing

More
7 years 9 months ago #14827 by Sandman
Replied by Sandman on topic MacDill ??
Assuming that you are discussing this summer and not January.. We had to be in Florida in June 2015.. Stayed at Patrick AFB.. Plenty (thirty or so) of open spots..

Warning, It's hot there in summer..
The following user(s) said Thank You: maxjr758

More
7 years 9 months ago #14828 by maxjr758
Replied by maxjr758 on topic MacDill ??
Thanks ! It's hot everywhere in the Southeast ! Been in the mid 90s, 70-80% humidity, here in NC

2017 THOR CHALLENGER 37TB
2018 FORD EXPLORER
ACME EZ TOW TOW DOLLY

More
7 years 9 months ago #14829 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic MacDill ??
Looking at the national weather map this morning and Florida is a little cooler than a lot of states this summer.

Time to create page: 0.384 seconds