Unfair, unreasonable and ridiculous

More
16 years 11 months ago #913 by skyking8
Would it be accurate to say that this problem exists because the price to homestead is cheap? It's cheap in dollars, security, and convenience. And, without restrictions to the contrary, requires little effort to find another campground to accommodate their long-term stay.

So, who is willing to come up with an all service standardized policy that will please everyone all the time, get organized, and then get a bill passed thru Congress for its implementation? I vote for "Tominator."

Rick

PS: 5 star rating 30 vs 50 amps. Propane and power management is why.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #914 by monkey44
You're probably right -- inexpensive and safe -- at least for a part of the reason.

And I agree -- let's vote and send Tominator up to D.C. and let him represent our interests as military campers ... probably be fixed in time for this summer, or by the fall at least. I can't wait to see the NEW MWR CG system ... maybe we can get it at no cost too ... make us all happy campers.

More
16 years 11 months ago #915 by Big John
Regarding "tominator", this guy scares me.....after reading his review of the Rating System this site uses, and the remainder of his comments regarding the general state of the world on that thread, if we send this guy to Washington, He will single-handedly get all funding cut off from MWR and Military Campground benefits currently ENJOYED by much of us, will be lost altogether... I WILL VOTE AGAINST HIM !

More
16 years 11 months ago #916 by cdrcos

Write the Base Commander!!! Give me a break. They are do nothing care takers and they can not wait to get their next promotion. No promotion if any boats are rocked. WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN/WOMAN. Everyone must do this to get it on the horizon. We need to state that dollars are taken from the Famcamp coffers to pay for other base activities like NCO/OFC clubs plus golf courses etc and not put back into the profit centers FamCamps are.

As far as these squatters who live in the most run down God awful trailers, they ought to be hauled off to the junk yard. No one should have the right to stay in any FamCamp for longer than three months. None of these people should be active duty or civilian ex military personel. They are getting quarters allowance for base or off base housing and not for bringing down the quality of life of the FamCamps.

This is my first day on this web site. I am disgusted with how little empowerment the people here seem to think they possess. Organize, make changes, insist on proper enforcement of the rules. Use the Smart Club as your base to get things changed. I just looked at your 5 star rating camps. How can anyone justify rating a camp without 50 amp service as a 5 star camp. It should be at best a 3. If you accept crap, you deserve crap. I do not ever accept crap, that is why my nick name is the Tominator. If I am out of line then this site is not worth belonging to. If I am right, which I know I am, then get off of your ass and start writing.

I would start off with the Base Commander and then you can tell your congressperson that you have used the chain of command, rather than be told to contact the Base Commander by your representative.

Also why would one want to immediately assume that the BC is a "do nothing caretaker" waiting for their next promotion. I have found that painting everyone with the same brush without adequate information is usually unproductive.

Tom, why are you so angry? Thank god, you are here to lead us all to the land of milk & honey! I suspect you will not be happy with us "unempowered" ass-sitters on this site.

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

More
16 years 9 months ago #1500 by Tominator
Well I am finding all kinds of places that my posts are getting the blood running hot. That is good. Passion is what gets things done. Politics is what most of you are afraid of. The MWR is going no where. No politician would dare take it away. There would be a half a million campers, RV's etc descending on Wahington DC if they even tried to do it.

The best thing to do is get on a caravan and go from base to base. Set up camp on the Commanders lawn until he changes the squatters rules. He would look pretty awful in the press bringing out the MP's to remove everyone. It would only take a few photo's sent to the media via email etc to get him in trouble. Look on the bright side, it would be a lot of fun. Most of us were either in during Viet Nam or born after Viet Nam. Either way we missed out on all of the love in's of the 60's. Why miss out on them again.

If you think it will not work, here is what I did. My tub shower was being retiled. it was taking them a week to get the job done. On Friday morning i called the Base Commander at his home and said that i was on the way over with my wife and 2 kids to use his shower so we could clean up. We were stinking for not being able to take a bath for a week. He asked for my address and within an hour the job was completed. I did have to wait for a day to use the shower. So arrangements were made so we could clean up elsewhere. You challenge not, you get not. The gutless always gets left behind. The turtle goes no where unless he sticks his neck out.

Lets have some fun!!

More
16 years 9 months ago #1501 by fiatspider79
that will most certainly work. It will completely resolve the issue as the base commander will turn to the MWR cheif and tell him or her to plow over the campground since the space is needed for more mission essential activities.

A. What military were you in where you think you could even get the jacks down on the base commander's lawn before you were cuffed and incarcerated?

B. Where on the military map are you going to find a base where you can get away with any of this.

C. If you are expecting the public to get it's shorts in a bind over a bunch of "overpaid" military retirees with nothing better to do than cause problems on a military base during a period of war, you are sorely in error.

You forget that we are the "guests" of the base commander, we are not a mission essential operation.

Glenn

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds