Unfair, unreasonable and ridiculous

More
16 years 11 months ago #896 by allycat
We recently stayed four days at Maxwell Gunter recreational campground at Lake Martin, Alabama. All of the waterfront lots are taken up by permanent, i say again, permanent campers.

Lot 55 and all of the 30 series on the waterfront are taken up by people who have been there 2 to 3 years. They pay $300 per month whereas a daily rate is $15.00 per day. The problem is there are very, very, few daily lots available. Lots 52, 53, and 54, 57 and 58 are daily lots on the water and that is about all they have. The land belongs to Alabama power and light, and is leased to the airforce and is contracted by a private contractor. The contractor states that if it wasn't for the permanent residents they could not make it financially. Everyone would love to be able to live for $300 per month with water, lights, sewer and garbage included.

There are thousands and thousands of A.D. , disabled and retired veterans who are deprived of being abled to use the facility because of a few people that are taken total advantage of the situation. I feel this is a total injustice to all of the vets who would like to camp on the water but, cannot because of a selfish few. I feel this policy should be changed immediately if not sooner. Or up the rent to $600 per month per lot and do away with half of the permanent campers and increase the daily lots on the waterfront. This way they will get the same income they are getting now, and a few more vets will have daily spots to camp on the waterfront.

This subject is open for replys.

J. Troutt (cw4 retired)
[email protected]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 11 months ago #897 by monkey44
We also have another post running about the generaly unfairness of the "homesteaders" -- permanent, long term housing is not what the FamCamps are all about. I imagine as more of us begin the FamCamp trek in our retirement, more will become upset at the unfair policy that allows a few "favorites" to occupy the best sites...

One problem that will emerge too, if any change is demanded, will be that the "favorites" will suddenly gain "titles" -- "Laundry Supervisor" for example, and remain ...

Unless we take a stand about our benefits here, these "supervisors" will continue to steal some of what we all earned together defending our freedoms...

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 years 11 months ago #903 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Unfair, unreasonable and ridiculous
maybe a note to the base commander would help.
Archie

More
16 years 11 months ago #905 by Tominator
Write the Base Commander!!! Give me a break. They are do nothing care takers and they can not wait to get their next promotion. No promotion if any boats are rocked. WRITE YOUR CONGRESSMAN/WOMAN. Everyone must do this to get it on the horizon. We need to state that dollars are taken from the Famcamp coffers to pay for other base activities like NCO/OFC clubs plus golf courses etc and not put back into the profit centers FamCamps are.

As far as these squatters who live in the most run down God awful trailers, they ought to be hauled off to the junk yard. No one should have the right to stay in any FamCamp for longer than three months. None of these people should be active duty or civilian ex military personel. They are getting quarters allowance for base or off base housing and not for bringing down the quality of life of the FamCamps.

This is my first day on this web site. I am disgusted with how little empowerment the people here seem to think they possess. Organize, make changes, insist on proper enforcement of the rules. Use the Smart Club as your base to get things changed. I just looked at your 5 star rating camps. How can anyone justify rating a camp without 50 amp service as a 5 star camp. It should be at best a 3. If you accept crap, you deserve crap. I do not ever accept crap, that is why my nick name is the Tominator. If I am out of line then this site is not worth belonging to. If I am right, which I know I am, then get off of your ass and start writing.

More
16 years 11 months ago #906 by fiatspider79
Wow. I'm impressed.

Glenn

More
16 years 11 months ago #910 by monkey44
Wow is right Glenn -- I don't know what to say!!! Maybe we should throw everyone out and start over.

Time to create page: 0.416 seconds