Personal Protection

More
15 years 9 months ago #3871 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Personal Protection
Another 'sidebar' to this particular post would be the policy from state to state -- as base policy might not always be relevant if you have to carry your firearm in a state what you don't have a license to have it.

I personally am a little weak on these state to state laws as I haven't carried in many, many years -- just kind of a habit I got out of for whatever reason.

Can anyone say for sure that a license to carry is valid in other states if you have it in your state of residence??? Mostly thinking sidearms here, of course ... but also might come into play if you carry a long-gun too ...

Can anyone state a general guideline here for both or either ?? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3875 by oldchief46
Replied by oldchief46 on topic Re: Personal Protection

Can anyone say for sure that a license to carry is valid in other states if you have it in your state of residence??? Mostly thinking sidearms here, of course ... but also might come into play if you carry a long-gun too ...

Can anyone state a general guideline here for both or either ?? Thanks

Not sure on all states. Oklahoma has a concealed weapon permit law. It is recognized in at least 14 other states that have signed reciprical agreements with Oklahoma. It is not honored in some states that do not have these types of laws. I don't actually "carry" when we are out and about in other states but don't be trying to come into my coach uninvited if I am "home".

Rick Stone, YNC, USN(RET)
2007 Monaco Cayman XL
2006 Chevy HHR
oldchief1.blogspot.com

More
15 years 9 months ago #3878 by darvmeler
Here is a link that will tell you about each State and their law of carrying while in their state, also shows which states grant Reciprocity. Such as my state "Arizona" CCW is recognized in 32 other states. Here is a great link to Gun sites.

www.handgunlaw.us/

Darv Meler

More
15 years 9 months ago #3880 by FastEagle
Replied by FastEagle on topic Re: Personal Protection
There are two other long running strings on this subject in this forum. You can find them by using the words guns or firearms in the search mode. They will be under topic.

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

More
15 years 9 months ago #3883 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Personal Protection
Another Q occurs to me about this firearm policy --

Would the "rules / law" generally be the same for long-guns as for sidearms?? For example do we run into the same issues if we have a shot-gun or other hunting weapon (we obviously don't "carry concealed" these type weapons) but in general terms would this be entirely different with respect to carrying same in an RV ... or entering a base???

More
15 years 9 months ago #3885 by MotorSarge
Replied by MotorSarge on topic Re: Personal Protection
Darv,

This is the website I use also, very good & mostly up to date.
In addition there are seperate Fed Laws that cover transporting you weapons through states on interstates while traveling.
As someone else replied, better to call ahead because even though you may be able to carry in that state the Post/Base commander has the final say. As I have seen here in kansas, McConnel Air Force Base is posted.

"MotorSarge"

Time to create page: 0.446 seconds