Personal Protection

More
15 years 9 months ago #3888 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Personal Protection
As I read through that website and some of the gun law on each state, the idea suddenly begins to emerge that lawmakers will continue to honor the 2nd Amendment but make it so difficult to understand and abide by the laws in each state that individuals will either become attorneys, get arrested, or leave the firearms home.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 9 months ago #3889 by MotorSarge
Replied by MotorSarge on topic Re: Personal Protection
I carry a card that lets me know which states I can carry in since I travel so much, all the while keeping the basics in mind, No Fed Bldgs, Govenour grounds, Schools, Posted facilities etc.

"MotorSarge"

More
15 years 9 months ago #3890 by FastEagle
Replied by FastEagle on topic Re: Personal Protection
Full Time RVers that use Military Campgrounds, Federal and State parks or any other place that prohibits hand guns on their property (even though the gun owner has a valid CCW for that state) must pass it by or find a safe local storage place for their guns or break the law and enter at your own risk. I have a CCW in two states and they allow me to legally carry in about 38 states. In the others I just lock it up. I have a permanently mounted safe in the bedroom floor and my male cat’s bed is on it’s cover- dogs no like cat smell. Finding probable cause to search that safe is tough to acquire even on a military installation.

FastEagle

p.s. NEVER I repeat NEVER attempt to carry a gun into Canada or Mexico. If going into Mexico make darn sure you don’t even have any stray ammo onboard, it’s just as bad as having the gun.

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

More
15 years 7 months ago #4252 by bukhrn
Replied by bukhrn on topic Re: Personal Protection
This is the same feeling I got, I saw a lot of talk about Reciorocity of Concealed Weapons, but nothing on "Open Carrying", Which states other than Va., allow Open Carry?

As I read through that website and some of the gun law on each state, the idea suddenly begins to emerge that lawmakers will continue to honor the 2nd Amendment but make it so difficult to understand and abide by the laws in each state that individuals will either become attorneys, get arrested, or leave the firearms home.

Darv,

This is the website I use also, very good & mostly up to date.
In addition there are seperate Fed Laws that cover transporting you weapons through states on interstates while traveling.
As someone else replied, better to call ahead because even though you may be able to carry in that state the Post/Base commander has the final say. As I have seen here in kansas, McConnel Air Force Base is posted.

More
15 years 7 months ago #4264 by darvmeler
Robert, Arizona is an open carry state. Also one of the states that issues "Non Resident Permits".

Darv Meler

More
15 years 7 months ago #4265 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Personal Protection
I know from personal experience that Kings Bay for example, asks every person that enters the gate if they have any weapons. And, if you do, then you go directly to the armory and check it in - no firearms allowed on base unless you are security personal.

Time to create page: 0.527 seconds