MWR fees based on rank

More
16 years 1 month ago #2978 by Sandman
Replied by Sandman on topic Re: MWR fees based on rank
Rules are rules.. If the sign says retired then all retired should get the rate.

I see (or maybe better, I participate in fewer activities) fewer fees based on rank. I have no problem with a retired Admiral paying more than a retired White Hat. Timing and luck contributed to all of us making it as far as we did (if there is no quota you can't be promoted). We should be thankful for what we were able to achieve, take the perks and the penalties smiling.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 1 month ago #2980 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: MWR fees based on rank

Go to Myrtle Beach, SC in the spring time and play some golf. If you do not have a Myrtle Beach address on your drivers license you will pay much more than someone that does.

FastEagle

First time I played golf in Myrtle and was told the price, the first thing out of my mouth was.."D---, I don't want to buy the course, just play on it." :)

More
16 years 1 month ago #2982 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: MWR fees based on rank
QUOTE: "I have no problem with a retired Admiral paying more than a retired White Hat."

That's fine with me too - matter of fact, I think the Admirals should just pay for all the White Hats golf ... now that's what I'd call fair ::) :o ;D

More
16 years 1 month ago #2992 by xtrmin8r
Replied by xtrmin8r on topic Re: MWR fees based on rank
Seems like a good place to pass this image on. When it happened I couldn't stop laughing for the longest time.

It has been wormholing in my head since Jan 1998.

I was getting off the Carnival cruise ship Fantasy in the Bahamas. Coming across the wharf was a visibly older gentleman with a bad arthritic shuffle, he was using an aluminum cane with 4 seperate feet attached to a plate on the bottom of the cane. He was wearing bermuda shorts and sandals, black socks of course, a straw fedora with a huge pink feather sticking up at least a foot. Dark sunglasses.

Emblazoned across his t-shirt was SENIOR CITIZEN
GIVE ME MY DAMN DISCOUNT

More
16 years 1 month ago #3003 by bblhed
Replied by bblhed on topic Re: MWR fees based on rank

Seems like a good place to pass this image on. When it happened I couldn't stop laughing for the longest time.

It has been wormholing in my head since Jan 1998.

I was getting off the Carnival cruise ship Fantasy in the Bahamas. Coming across the wharf was a visibly older gentleman with a bad arthritic shuffle, he was using an aluminum cane with 4 seperate feet attached to a plate on the bottom of the cane. He was wearing bermuda shorts and sandals, black socks of course, a straw fedora with a huge pink feather sticking up at least a foot. Dark sunglasses.

Emblazoned across his t-shirt was SENIOR CITIZEN
GIVE ME MY DAMN DISCOUNT

Oh, that is good ;D

As far as the Retired is Retired comment goes form before I said I have happily paid the full price after they updated the sign.

Also I should explain that I had been retired for about 2 weeks at that point and I live in Connecticut the state with one of the highest costs of living in the US. I was still looking for work, but after being on active duty and always having to be on the look out for discounts because I had no money, and not really knowing when I was going to be working again you know if there was a way to save a buck I was going to find it.

As for the whole pay by rank thing goes, my personal feeling is that it is a good thing for active duty as a broke E-3 needs to go out and relax just as much as an O-3, but when your ID card turns that nice shade of blue you have escaped that rank and rate structure some people got out and have done quite well after being in the service, others not so good. I believe that there should be a flat rate for retired that is not based on rank. Then again I also believe that if you are retired enlisted you should be allowed to go to the O-club as well. I didn't really believe that when I first got out, but as I get older I find that I really want a nice quiet place to sit down, eat dinner and have a drink.

More
16 years 1 month ago #3021 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: MWR fees based on rank
I wonder if there would be more objections like mine if the pool, bowling alley, campground, movie, gas station, commissary, px, etc charged based on your rank.

As far as a senior's discount, I suspect that it is as much a marketing tool and anything else used to create business.

Time to create page: 0.478 seconds