Base Access to Civilian

More
6 years 8 months ago #16254 by belgique
Leaving in Sept for a mega trip to Fla with very dear friends in our motorhome. I'm Arny Retired and wife with military ID card. Friend is medically discharged submariner (no Mil ID...has VA card but not high disability %) and his civilian wife. Spending about a week at Mayport and 2 weeks at Sigsbee - Key West.

Anyone with experience with being able to get my friends a pass to re-enter base if they went out on their own? Its not a big deal if we can't.
The topic has been locked.
More
6 years 8 months ago #16255 by johnandmari
Replied by johnandmari on topic Base Access to Civilian
A couple of years ago, we sponsored my brother and his wife on base for one week at a FamCamp. You will have to meet them at the gate and sign them in (security/pass and ID office, depends on the installation). They will receive a pass that allows them on base for the duration of their stay (one week in our case); I believe the stay is time limited, but I don’t remember what the max was. Regarding them coming and going on their own – no way. You are their sponsor, you are responsible for them, and you must be with them when entering the base. BTW, that may have changed, as it was 2012 when we sponsored my brother.

Call Mayport Security and ask.

John
More
6 years 8 months ago #16257 by belgique
Replied by belgique on topic Base Access to Civilian
Thanks John. That's what I expected. We'll be together all the time anyway so no problem. As for calling the PMO, like lawyers, I like to know answer I'm likely to get before asking. (smile). Steve
More
6 years 8 months ago #16258 by johnandmari
Replied by johnandmari on topic Base Access to Civilian
Regarding the pass your friends will receive; both of your friends will receive one. They will provide their drivers license, car registration/ins to Pass and ID, and have their pictures taken. You likewise will provide your military ID. The pass given back to your friends will contain all the above info, to include your name/info as sponsor, along with where they are residing while on base, and the date of expiration. The forms will have pictures of each of your friends on them. Each time you return to the base, you will present the two forms, their driver’s license, and, of course you’re military ID. I should point out that I was at an AF base, you are going to a Navy base, so there could be some variation to the process, but I kind of doubt it! Hey, I never said life was easy – LOL!!

BTW, I have been to Mayport twice and as you might know it is a popular FamCamp; do you have reservations? September should not be too bad – the snowbirds will not have arrived yet, but you never know. Just a thought.

John
More
6 years 8 months ago #16259 by belgique
Replied by belgique on topic Base Access to Civilian
Yep, made 1st row reservations at Mayport last month Been there several times but thanks for checking

Friends will be in our motorhome/car with us in, out and around base. They won't be driving. When I've had civilians with me in the past (like my adult daughter) the guards just ask for their drivers license.
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #16286 by Swim-bike-run-1
I'll assume you didn't go to NASKW?

For future purposes, at sigsbee you can get a guest pass for,your sponsored guests to have unacompiend access w/out you present for your stay, i know this as I'm a resident there and often take neighbors 3rd wheel guests dancing on duval st via bicycle mode, and everyone of these civilian women have had their paperwork pass and get on base without my help...

Needs to be done at boca chica front gate office, sponsor needs to be there with guests/ID for processing...
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Swim-bike-run-1.
Time to create page: 0.432 seconds