2011 Campground Award Survey

More
12 years 4 months ago #9223 by rvgrammy1953
I totally agree with a category for the smaller campgrounds cause I know from experience that some work very hard at improving the campground and have excellent customer service....but when the CG has only 20 RV sites or less, not all the bells and whistles (full-hookups, wifi,etc.) and off the beaten path, it's kinda' hard to compete with the bigger, better located ones....and have been campaigning for years for a "most improved category".... ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #9224 by JJnLilly
I, too, agree on a smaller CG selection. The larger ones all seem to be in the south and at much larger installations where they collect off the snowbirds and have other revenue sources and attractions. Clean restrooms and level sites mean a lot over cable TV or reservations...of course that's just one person's opinion

More
12 years 4 months ago #9228 by bill6750
On the subject of the vote. I was at Davis Monthan one year when the voting was going on and they actually take notices out and hand them out to the campers in the campground and the ones coming into the campground. It sure makes them a lot more votes. I don't think the voting is fair because of the way it is gone about. That is just my opinion. Not that the campground is not a good one but there are others that are just as good but don't have as many visitors there at the time of the voting.

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

More
12 years 2 months ago #9458 by cdufault
I would like to see a negative criteria for excessive cost.
It is very poor to have FAMCAMPs raise prices by 30% in five years ($15 to $19) for no reason. We surely didn't receive cost of living of 30%. I can obtain camping fees of $9 and $10 outside the gate with AOR and RPI respectively, and I firmly believe after 24 years of service my membership dues are paid. I don't see where their expenses, or lack thereof, require their fee schedule. They have no costs for real estate or high costs for maintenance. A discount for Golden Access (offered by many FAMCAMPs) or reduced fee is more important to a fixed income retired enlisted than painted rocks, a dog wash, dog run, or wifi.

I would like to see negative criteria for stupid policies, e.g., no washing of rigs, no firearms, etc.
- Where do full-timers wash their rigs? On-base residents wash their cars two blocks away.
- Where do full-timers who own legal guns check them before entering the Base/Post to purchase fuel, shop at the Commissary/BX, or stay in the FAMCAMP? Base housing residents have firearms in their quarters, there are Rod and Gun Clubs on base hosting skeet ranges, they even sell guns in the Exchanges, but we retired military can't have a firearm in our home?

More
12 years 2 months ago #9459 by bill6750
Wow, You hit the nail on the head here. I fully agree with you on all criteria.
Bill

cdufault wrote: I would like to see a negative criteria for excessive cost.
It is very poor to have FAMCAMPs raise prices by 30% in five years ($15 to $19) for no reason. We surely didn't receive cost of living of 30%. I can obtain camping fees of $9 and $10 outside the gate with AOR and RPI respectively, and I firmly believe after 24 years of service my membership dues are paid. I don't see where their expenses, or lack thereof, require their fee schedule. They have no costs for real estate or high costs for maintenance. A discount for Golden Access (offered by many FAMCAMPs) or reduced fee is more important to a fixed income retired enlisted than painted rocks, a dog wash, dog run, or wifi.

I would like to see negative criteria for stupid policies, e.g., no washing of rigs, no firearms, etc.
- Where do full-timers wash their rigs? On-base residents wash their cars two blocks away.
- Where do full-timers who own legal guns check them before entering the Base/Post to purchase fuel, shop at the Commissary/BX, or stay in the FAMCAMP? Base housing residents have firearms in their quarters, there are Rod and Gun Clubs on base hosting skeet ranges, they even sell guns in the Exchanges, but we retired military can't have a firearm in our home?

Bill & Jean
Bill Retired US Army,
Viet Nam Vet, 24th Evac. Hosp.
Jean Retired from DOA
2014 Tiffin Phaeton, 40'
2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 in Toe

More
12 years 2 months ago #9491 by mastermtn
Perhaps award by "Class"..you always hear of "Best in Class" by
the quality award folks for cars..so perhaps have 2 or 3 classes
of campgrounds..such as Full Hook up, partial hookup, dry camps.
or desert camps, ocean camps, or something like these and then
award best for each of say 3 classes....

Just my 1.02

Rich

Time to create page: 0.472 seconds