2011 Campground Award Survey

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 years 2 months ago #9500 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: 2011 Campground Award Survey
Another way to think about voting next year would be to have a Northern and a Southern category as most if not all of the winners are in the southern states. There has to be some really super military campgrounds in the North that folks go to in the summer. Just would need a clarification of what states fall in each category. The ones who win all the time in the East and the West would be competing with each other in the Southern category.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #9509 by Publicist
Well I know Wateree Recreation Area (a winner) is probably also the smallest Air Force campground at just 25 acres, 14 cabins and 22 RV sites. I also know the manager actively engages his customer base in his belief that the campground belongs to them, the customers! He has had much success with this as his customers all consider Wateree "their" campground. They actively help/volunteer with an annual "clean up" day each March (began 3 years ago in conjunction with Beautify America Day) and the 1st year had about 50-60 people; last year was over 100 (many sqadrons from Shaw AFB participating), and this year is already exceeding that total! The "buy in" by the customers has made this a very nice, family friendly escape for them all. Additionally, Wateree Recreation Area is very active on Facebook with more than 735 fans! They all know the quickest way to get the "word" about events and programs at Wateree is via their FB page. They actively seek "votes" for the award each year by putting it on on FB to their customers (they have only won 2x's - once in 2010 and again in 2011) and the base leadership in turn uses the results for more $$ and improvements at Wateree, a win, win for all.

More
11 years 8 months ago #10383 by Doug Simpson
I am here at the Sea Mist RV Park at Dam Neck, VA and I think we have a new contender for the Eastern USA award. Sea Mist has added a new section with paved roads, level concrete pads, and 50 amp service. The old section was closed and upgraded to the same standards and is scheduled to reopen by October, 2012. Both sections will have a new, modern bathhouse and laundry. It's a brand new campground in a prime oceanfront location.

Time to create page: 0.531 seconds