Home team sports

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #689 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Home team sports
So, rvtraveler ---

That's a live video stream on a laptop?? Is that correct ...

And can you get all games (any team) or do you pick one team or one area??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 2 weeks ago #693 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Home team sports
Monkey: I believe the answer to your question is "yes". I'm not a sports fan but I believe the dish companies have the same type of programing package that your cable company has. You'd need to check dishnetwork.com or directtv.com to see which programing package is best for you.

KenB

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #696 by mkebikecop
Replied by mkebikecop on topic Re: Home team sports
I only get the Brewers, but that is all I look for and yes on my laptop.

All details are at mlb.com

"Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates."
-F.E. Adcock, British classical scholar

More
16 years 11 months ago #832 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Re: Home team sports
monkey44> This thread is a month old, so you may have made a choice by now, but let me tell you one method to get-r-done. If you don't have it already, you need satellite capability in the rig. If you want signal to living room and bedroom TV you will need two receivers and a dish that can be connected to two cables (that's called dual LNB). I have DirectTV with that set up. The normal programming packages cost vary depending on how many channels you want. Approximately $35-45/month. Next you need to sign up for the DirectTV MLB programming. Cost is about $160/per season and you can get any game you wish. That might seem expensive, but consider that there are 160 games a year for only one team and that's a buck a game. Nothwithstanding the money, my wife is a huge Braves fan and I consider it an investment to keep harmony in the rig. Which is another reason I put in two receivers. His and hers :)

Getting local channels on satellite will cost extra. I just use the rigs TV antenna for that.

It happens occassionally that you will experience a black out of a game depending on where you are. We are now in Texas and sometimes can't get the Rangers or Astros due to a black out period. Not a big deal because they are both losers anyway. :)

Satellite is portable. Put in the house first, and then just take the receiver(s) out to the rig when you hit the road. You can have service in both the house and rig at the same time depending on how many receivers you get.

Good luck.

Rick

Time to create page: 0.433 seconds