Home team sports

More
17 years 3 weeks ago #647 by monkey44
Home team sports was created by monkey44
I'm getting ready to start a part-time version of Full-timing next year --will still have a stick house as my son is in a local college and wife is not retired yet -- so, wonder how you guys get your own local sports games when on the road -- I know that the cable stations can get all venues around the country for an extra fee ... but is anything like that available for the "traveling folks" ... M44

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 2 weeks ago #670 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Home team sports
monkey44: We are not fulltimeing it yet either, but when we do go out on the road we have a dish sattellite system. ( hope spelling doesn't count). Most RV'ers I seen have some type,- dish network,
direct tv, or other.

KenB

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #671 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Home team sports
But, with a dish are you able to get any team, from anywhere?? For example, Can we watch Red Sox games in Florida or Kansas even when the Sox play at home???

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 years 2 weeks ago #676 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: Home team sports
monkey44: We live in New Hampshire and use Boston as our local chanels, so we get 4,5,7,25,38,66,9 out of Manchester. I've been told that it depends on your zip code what local means. Boston or Portland. It dose take some finesse to set the dishfor the locals, but you can get them any where you are at.

KenB

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #678 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Home team sports
Guess I'm not asking my question right...

What I'm asking:

When we travel, say we're camping in Kansas -- and we want to watch the Red Sox play. When I'm at home, I can buy an extended cable service that will allow me to watch any team anywhere in the USA. For example, I can tune in the Padres/Dodgers game even when I'm sitting in my living room. That is not a local game here, but you can buy a package ($165 for the season) that includes every home game for every team and watch any one you want "LIVE" ... But that's my cable -- so, I'm asking if that "extra package" is available on the dish set-up that the travelers carry with them and set-up in the CG's ...

More
17 years 2 weeks ago #683 by mkebikecop
Replied by mkebikecop on topic Re: Home team sports
I watch the Milwaukee Brewers on MLB.TV.

That can be found at mlb.com. Several packages to watch your hometeam. The premium package streams the games onto your laptop at 700kbs for $119.95 per year, or 400kbs for 89.95.

"Battles are sometimes won by generals; wars are nearly always won by sergeants and privates."
-F.E. Adcock, British classical scholar

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds