Handle??

More
17 years 1 month ago #658 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Re: Handle??
Glenn -- now you're making me remember my '63 Austin Healy -- I nearly cried when I sold it ... but it became impractical as I "grew up" and settled into "life's work" ... great memory tho ... had a Bullmastif that rode (filled completely) the little jump-seat in the back !!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 1 month ago #692 by FastEagle
Replied by FastEagle on topic Re: Handle??
Glenn, When we (USS Independence) Departed Norfork in early 1965 for a tour of duty in the South China Sea we were doing two firsts. First 6th Fleet Carrier to go on a West-Pac cruise and first ever all jet powered Carrier Air Wing.

FastEagle

2003 Everest 363K 38' 14K
2004 Dodge 3500 STL-DRW-QC-LB-2WD-4.10-AUTO-CTD
USN Retired - PDRL
DOD Retired - Aircraft Mechanic
Part Timers with sticks in SC

More
17 years 1 month ago #694 by fiatspider79
Replied by fiatspider79 on topic Re: Handle??
Eagle,
So that's how she ended up home ported at Bremerton, WA? She was decommissioned there several years ago and now no longer exists. Shame.
Glenn

More
17 years 1 month ago #700 by milestogo
Replied by milestogo on topic Re: Handle??
I seem to always have 'miles to go' before I am done either at the end of a day or the end of a trip. Also, one of my favorite poems has always been Robert Frost's Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening in which the final two lines go "And miles to go before I sleep."

More
17 years 1 month ago #702 by Sandman
Replied by Sandman on topic Re: Handle??
Used to spend a lot of time driving the beach.. playing in the sand...

All of these boat stories scare me.. VP Navy for over 25 of my 30...

Loved to RON at USAF bases.. their worst was like a Marriott.

More
17 years 4 weeks ago #716 by kona
Replied by kona on topic Re: Handle??
Spent my first tour of duty for the Navy on Ford Island (1957-1959)...FICPAC..Fleet Intelligence Center Pacific. There were quiet a few Navy pilots there as well, and they kept their flight 'skins' by flying the old twin engine Beaches attached to (if my memory is correct) FASRON 117. Used to hitch a ride with them to the Big Island for fishing and recreation. Ended up getting a TR3 that got me into much trouble with the HPD. Those were the days!

Anyway, the galley on Ford Island had bags and bags of Kona coffee. Ruined me for life. Have a tough time finding coffee as good. Guess I will roast my own.

Al

Time to create page: 0.480 seconds