RV insurance running out

More
11 years 4 months ago #10805 by ErnieT
We have progressive and it is running out. Has anyone used G M A C insurance. That is the one I was told to try.
E.T.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #10806 by ICE MAN
I have Had GMAC for 10 years, onlyn used it 2 times . Once for storm dammage and a miner acident. Both times I had quick response,and no questions asked, preamum never went up. I would recomend it.

More
11 years 4 months ago #10807 by Ed Kelly
Progressive raised my rates this year because of some Florida legislative action. I checked many others to look for a cheaper rate but no one could come close. I'm with Progressive thru USAA.

Ed & Joan

More
11 years 4 months ago #10808 by floridakamper
I started with GMAC and over a couple of years my premiums doubled. I checked with USAA who directed me to Progressive and I got a quote. I then got a quote from Nationwide. They have a division that specializes in RV's. Their quote was significantly lower than GMAC or Progressive for similar coverage and I've been with them for about 4 years. I also have a decreasing deductible with Nationwide. This past renewal period they did increase my rate quite a bit without a claim but I've stuck with them. If it goes up again I'll be shopping rates. I call Kaci Chandra at Nationwide and he's always been very helpful. PH # 888-289-9348, email: [email protected]

More
11 years 4 months ago #10809 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Re: RV insurance running out
We switched to Nationwide a few years ago also and saved quite a bit of money. We have a class A and as you know most of the premium comes from the Comprehensive and Collision coverages. Depending on the year of your RV you have several ways to insure the RV. You can use Total Loss Replacement if your RV is less than 5 years old and is totalled, you will get a new RV of similar kind and like (premium highest this way of course),for RV's older than 5 years you can use Agreed Value that insures your RV at today's value without taking into account depreciation, this would be a way to insure for the amount you owe the finance company when it is close to the low retail amount (you are not under water and would get enough to pay off the loan in a total loss). Last way is Actual Cash Value, the amount you would get for your rig taking depreciation into account. Just remember you will always have to have a rating basis equal to the amount of the loan to satisfy the finance company but it depends what you expect to do if you have a total loss. As for Florida assessments recently it is because of the Hurricane Assessment that charges 1% of all other premiums added together, not much of an impact overall as on $1000.000 premium it adds only $10.00.

More
11 years 4 months ago #10816 by jgsavage
I have used GMAC for over a year. had one minor accident and they took care of the other person and my rig --rates did not increase on my last renewal. When I reviewed insurance companies I found prgressive high through USAA and went to Geico and they had great rates but did not insure at replacement value. I will be going back to Geico when my rig is 5 yrs old.

Time to create page: 0.402 seconds