RV insurance running out

More
11 years 4 months ago #10817 by skyking8
At one time I had GMAC insurance and was pleased with it. It was cheaper than USAA at one point, but when the rates kept going up I went back to USAA. I switched back a few years ago when USAA was still insuring RVs in house. Both USAA and GMAC have a provision to allow you to put the rig in "storage" mode whereby the premiums are lower for the time you aren't using the rig.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 4 months ago #10818 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Re: RV insurance running out
After reading Skyking8's message it made me wonder how many of you leave a vehicle at home when you go away with your RV. We put the vehicle we leave at home "in storage" category on our auto insurance policy with USAA and it saves you quite a bit of money depending on what coverages you have and how long you are gone in the RV. You can actually make the change on line, very simple and coverage is still afforded while it sits in our garage just much lower limits required by law. Not sure about other insurance companies but worth checking out.

More
11 years 4 months ago #10823 by monkey44
Florida has that 'storage rate' on all vehicles, even private autos.

So, whenever you guys are traveling, or when the tow vehicle is not towing, you might check with your insurance company.

If you're gone any extended period, it pays it off if you're not driving, even if it's at home, it still counts as storage.

• a Guest
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 4 months ago #10832 by a Guest
Replied by a Guest on topic Re: RV insurance running out
we switched to farm bureau about 4 years ago
we had allstate the previous 23

HUGE savings
HUGE member benefits
you do not need to own a farm or ranch

More
11 years 4 months ago #10833 by ErnieT
Replied by ErnieT on topic Re: RV insurance running out
Thanks for all the info. GMAC seemed good at first. Found out the quote they gave me was for 6 months, not a year. So going through Good Sam was not a good deal. They wanted $650 more a year. We only get to go out 1 weekend a month and for 3 weeks in the summer. We store our RV in our back yard. So I thought $1025 a year was high..through Progressive.
Ernie

More
11 years 4 months ago #10838 by monkey44
One other thing for everyone to check on.

Years ago, we had a 'low mileage' rate on my truck, less that 7000 miles annually ...
SO, if any of you drive less than that, on an RV, ask about it.

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds