Hiawassee RV Park and Campground, Georgia

More
11 years 9 months ago #10248 by kschultz
Has anyone stayed at the Hiawassee RV Park and Campground south of highway 228 in Georgia? I believe it was ran as a hobby by the gentlemen in the past. It is one we are considering looking at an or maybe buy so I am curious if anyone has stayed in the area or at the park. Any information on the park or area would be helpful. If the deal goes through we will be offering a discount for all my fellow veterans and active duty. Thanks in advance for your time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #10261 by Bikini28
Hiawassee is a beautiful area. Just got into the Georgia Mountain Fairground Campground here in Hiawassee this afternoon. Tomorrow will explore the area some. Not familiar with the park you mentioned this one looked good for some reason, wifi and cable, maybe. Sure is pretty in Hiawassee from what I could see driving in! Clarence & Judy
Attachments:

More
11 years 9 months ago #10262 by kschultz
Thank-you for your reply and nice picture. The campground I am speaking of is not known by many as the owner has only run it part time as a hobby. It is supposed to be at the end of Long Ridge Road at 180 Jarrard Camp road. We plan on heading down there at the end of the month to check it out. It looks nice there, getting anxious to check the area out. Enjoy Hiawassee.
Kurt

More
11 years 9 months ago #10265 by pricejh
Let us know what comes of the visit. We're not too far away and are always looking for a weekend escape. The Hiawassee River provides some excellent birding. Especially in Tennessee. The Sand Hill Cranes stop over here in the winter. An amazing sight. :)

More
11 years 9 months ago #10266 by Sarge3398
There's a bunch of us from the Augusta, Georgia area who head to the mountains every October for the Oktoberfest in Helen. The campground we've been going to for the last 25 years closed last year. :(

Let us know what happens....we might have some business for you!! ;)

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
11 years 9 months ago #10326 by rvdreamers
We really are looking forward to Oktoberfest in Helen this Fall. Any suggestions on a campground?

Time to create page: 0.476 seconds