Express Scripts

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #12986 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Express Scripts
Mr. Monkey, Express Scripts/TRICARE Mail Order Pharmacy TMOP is a pretty good deal for military retirees and their family members both TRICARE4Life and the younger folks. The price keeps creeping up but in the big picture it's a good benefit. Even if you're not going to use it right now, you should consider registering on the website so IF you choose to use it, you're all set. Here is a link to get you registered. TRICARE Mail Order Pharmacy
Celebrex IS on the TMOP formulary. Where you were paying $17 a single month at a retail pharmacy, you would pay $13 for a three month supply from TMOP. For us travelers there are a few ways to make sure we have our meds. First, you can refill your 3 month supply after 2 months which would allow you to build up a surplus when your in one place for awhile. You can also ship via an expedited mode that costs about $20+. Normally, shipping is free. We've done that once or twice when shipping to a campground we were at. Your doc can fax scripts directly to them once you're registered and when it time to renew the scripts, you can ask TMOP to contact your doc to renew. Makes it very easy when it works. They're not perfect, and they'll try your patience especially when getting the hang of how it works and getting your account set up. I noticed on the formulary that it says Celebrex has a generic...CELECOXIB. Also, I would recommend travelers DO NOT set up "Automatic Refills" for obvious reasons. It cost DoD much more for us to get our meds at retail pharmacies and they are doing everything they can to change our habits and shift us over to mail order.
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by floridakamper.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #12987 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic Express Scripts
I just got off the phone with the express scripts guys in ref to the rx I have to get thru them. They took Drs name, phone number, name of the drugs needed and my CC number. Said I do not need to mail in the scripts as they will confirm w/dr office. Also said you can refill early if travelling did not mention time limit but it would take 2 weeks to process, can be done by phone just as if you went to local mil pharmacy. They will enroll for auto refills with 2 week prior notice to sending to verify need. Also said they have a plan for people who travel and stay in areas for weeks/months at a time, we dont so I did not inquire.

3 scripts, 90 day ea 3 refills cost me $13! I was paying $15 at wally world for 1 with 90 days rx.

Anyhow pretty painless, call 877-882-3335 for details. I have used them before only had a problem 1 time, they sent a cooled rx and it layed outside 3 days before being found. They did replace upon notification, and now provide prior notification when shipping!

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #12988 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Express Scripts
Well, interestingly enough, I went to the website and discovered I'm already enrolled. I'm guessing (not positive) that when I was in for surgery last year, someone enrolled me - because it shows on the record some meds already 'sent' ... altho I had no clue how.

Anyway, we have mail-forwarding, so all my med - not many anyways - two - a good thing, but what I do get, goes to the MFS, and it forwards anytime I ask -- send email, it's in the way next day. So, I'm good to go on this and didn't even know it ...

And thanks John, but in Monkey years, I'm only seven, so have a full life ahead of me - glad I know now what I need to know for the future and didn't know when I was a young ape still hanging on that first branch. Pretty soon, will be swinging thru the trees again ... life is good long as that bough don't break !!!
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by monkey44.

More
9 years 9 months ago #12990 by cdrcos
Replied by cdrcos on topic Express Scripts

monkey44 wrote: ...we have mail-forwarding, so all my med - not many anyways - two - a good thing, but what I do get, goes to the MFS, and it forwards anytime I ask -- send email, it's in the way next day...

We go to Florida for 5 months and I can easily go to the Express Scrips website and add a temporary address with the date it will expire and then my meds come to Florida. I'm not 100% sure, but I also think the Post Office will forward the meds with other mail.

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

More
9 years 9 months ago #12995 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Express Scripts
I have mail forwarding, it's a lot simpler, and it stays year-round. they send my mail the very next day, after I call or email them a temporary drop address.

We use the MCGs, or USPS general delivery, and get a tracking number. Works fine.

BUT< yesterday, I called (twice) got a temporary over-ride so I can get this now. Twice I called, twice got the over-ride, it shows on my website. BUT pharmacy shows 'full price", pharmacy called three times, got a NO OVER-RIDE, and can't sell it to me but for full-price.
SO, looks like this ES is not as efficient or effective as I'd hoped. Three conflicting phone calls makes me a bit gun-shy.

Maybe it will work well once I get into the 'renewing' system -- but the 'answer phone and fix' system sucks for now anyway.

More
9 years 9 months ago #12997 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic Express Scripts
Use the number I posted, wait thru all the BS stuff and get an online attendant. I dont ever use the 'automated' stuff just for the reason you noted. They were good, I got announcement that all 3 rx I called on are in the system right away and I should have within 2 weeks. That is the one problem I dont like, the time delay in getting initial Rx in a system like this. Seems since they track everything you do, that a 1 time at a retail place than the 3 refills from them could be worked in with all this new modern tech. They send messages about you purchasing retail, but offer no real solutions on need now meds which as I said could be picked up from the retail source and put in the their system. No you need to submit another Rx!

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds