Express Scripts

More
9 years 10 months ago #12977 by monkey44
Express Scripts was created by monkey44
I just went to CVS to get a renewal on a script -- cost $272, when it's always been $17 co-pay.

Apparently it's one they won't allow in pharmacy and VA doesn't carry it (Celebrex) and there is no generic.

So, now I'm told the only way is Express Scripts -- which I've never used as VA gives all mine. The VA doctor wrote it, but VA won't fill it.

Can anyone fill me in on the exact method to get into this ES program, and get this filled, and mailed out to me. Thanks ...

IS this only a TFL, or what? And, yes, I have TFL and Medicare, but don't bother with Medicare prescriptions because of TFL. They don't carry it at the on-base pharmacy either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #12978 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic Express Scripts
Pretty simple process IF they carry the Rx on their formulary! go to Express-Scripts.com and check with them.

On 1 July they will no longer cover rx at local pharmacies. Got a NASTY GRAM (I do mean nasty) because I had a script being filled at wally world. Said I would not receive coverage for payment and that all future would be on my dime unless I used them. The message was addressed to someone not on the public dole so they can get nasty it seems. Bet their welfare wonders dont get the same thing sent to them.

I have to send in a rx that is no longer handled at the local pharmacy, as to VA they told me they are the only ones who can fill their rx, I could not take into town or the local base! They have something or did have that was like express scripts.

More
9 years 10 months ago #12979 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Express Scripts
If you happen to be in Florida the formulary at MacDill shows they have celebrex. Switched all our meds over to them and so far it has been a smooth transition. Tried Express Scripts and since we do not stay at one place for months and months it would have been difficult to reorder and give an address for them to mail it to. I asked MacDill when I need a refill and not in Florida will another base be able to refill it for me and they said as long as you have your prescription bottle or box with you and they see it was filled at another base they will fill it for you. Have not tried it yet but hope they are right.

More
9 years 10 months ago #12980 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Express Scripts
Yeah, we home base in Florida -- I tried NAS, but no luck, will try MacDill and see what happens.

Not sure how another base will fill it if they don't carry it, but military often works in ways I cannot fathom anyway ... so, will make a run over to MacDill ...

More
9 years 10 months ago #12981 by Sarge3398
Replied by Sarge3398 on topic Express Scripts
Don't run too fast Bill...you're not as young as you once were. Happy Birthday my friend! :woohoo:

What is that in monkey years....420? :laugh:

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
9 years 10 months ago #12985 by LamSan
Replied by LamSan on topic Express Scripts
Good question about a refill at another base but a Basic Core Formulary is mandatory at the larger bases so if your med is part of the BCF then another base can and will fill it. From what I see Monkey44, celebrex is part of the BCF so you should be okay at other bases.

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds