Discount on wireless bill

More
10 years 1 month ago #12718 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Discount on wireless bill
My latest Verizon bill (Mar 13, 2014) still shows a full 15% discount of $7.50 so I'd have to say no, I don't have this issue - yet.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12724 by Sarge3398
Replied by Sarge3398 on topic Discount on wireless bill
A couple of months ago I received a notice from Verizon that I had to renew my eligibility for the 15% government discount. I e-mailed them a copy of my monthly retirement statement, with all the information blacked out except my name, address, etc. They accepted it and I'm still receiving the discount.

The only thing wrong with being retired is that you never get a day off!

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #12725 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Discount on wireless bill
Had the discount on both Verizon DATA and Sprint Cell for a while. Then, they required me to "re-validate" my retired status ... did it once. Got one bill with discount, then full bill. They wanted me to validate again -- said it is periodic now - as if our status changes ever. What does Uncle Sam do, Beats me. Give us back the years? Make us younger - now that's worth it.

After the third time validating with both companies - I blew it off - it just ain't worth injuring myself jumping through those hoops ... I mean, I could get hurt, stub a toe of something else. And the discount ain't really worth it - still same tax, still same fees, still same 'extras' ...
I'd rather be camping ...
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by monkey44.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12728 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Discount on wireless bill
Not questioning your experience with Verizon, but that really seems strange to me. I, too, got a request from Verizon late last year to revalidate my status; which I did. I continue to get the discount on a month to month basis and have not received any more requests to validate. My service with Verizon is the 2-phone Senior Share plan along with my home phone service. Maybe the Verizon DATA service has a different set of requirements.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

More
10 years 1 month ago #12744 by Bogeysix
Replied by Bogeysix on topic Discount on wireless bill
When I was with Verizon, I had separate accounts for voice and data. Two different phone numbers, but they only gave me the discount for voice. It was not allowed for data. I used a USB modem and a MiFi at different times over about 5 years with them. I never had to re-validate. Now I am with AT&T using a mini pocket computer they call a smart phone, and I use this as a mobile hot-spot with one phone number and I get the 15% discount for voice and data because it's all one account.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12745 by wb4zit
Replied by wb4zit on topic Discount on wireless bill
Speaking of no discounts....I just got an email today from Millenicom that 1 May they are raising their rate for the 20 GB plan from $69 a month to $89 a month.

Mel Linville
US Army MSG (Ret)
2020 Ram 2500 Hemi and shopping for a cheap, used, small 5th wheel

Time to create page: 0.536 seconds