Discount on wireless bill

More
10 years 1 month ago #12749 by skyking8
Replied by skyking8 on topic Discount on wireless bill
Allow me to clarify my post about the drop in discount. Before this jump-thru-hoops validation started, I was getting 15% off the basic connect fee AND my first phone fee. That came to $9. VZW no longer includes the first phone discount which now makes the amount only $7.50.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #12750 by monkey44
Replied by monkey44 on topic Discount on wireless bill

wb4zit wrote: Speaking of no discounts....I just got an email today from Millenicom that 1 May they are raising their rate for the 20 GB plan from $69 a month to $89 a month.

A bean-counter decided if Sprint or Verizon only discounted the "FIRST" phone instead of the account, THEN it would create that "$2.50" extra revenue, but it could still claim it gives veterans a 15% (or whatever) discount. Multiply that by 100,000 veterans -- $250,000 bucks for counting the beans a little differently. Multiply that times a million veterans $2,500,000 bucks for counting those same beans. THAT'S PER MONTH, not annually.

I've never seen one single bill from a major tech company (Phone, Data, CTV, etc.) that actually sent a bill for the amount it claims on the advertising. NOT one ... Same thing with hotel rooms -- you ever look at the room fee - says "$89 per night, but the bill is ALWAYS at least ten percent higher when you actually pay it.

BUT, interestingly enough - gas and diesel fees that appear on the pumps and on the signs ALWAYS include each little fee and tax. That's the only one I can think of that does it too.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.437 seconds