Hill AFB

More
9 years 8 months ago #13096 by Tbetz54
Replied by Tbetz54 on topic Hill AFB
We agree about both Howard and Barbara. This last trip we didn't see Howard but certainly had a run-in with Barbara! She came pounding on our door and yelling at me for speeding through the campground. Interesting as we had been in our rig for well over an hour when this happened. Said other people had seen us speeding and yelled at us. She couldn't accept that she had the wrong people. Also, the one-way streets are only marked at one end so you have to remember which roads go which way. Very poorly run Famcamp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #13097 by Blackhawk
Replied by Blackhawk on topic Hill AFB
A friend of mine this July would not stay at the FamCamp (Hill AFB) because of these two clowns.

He did shower in the gym and dry camped on base in one of the parking lots. Guess it was by the lodging down the street from the Fam Camp.

He told me Howard was nick picking and being a rude jerk to a few in the camp ground. I assume Barbara does such duties when he is not there.

Who controls these people?
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Blackhawk.

More
9 years 8 months ago #13099 by Hank85713
Replied by Hank85713 on topic Hill AFB
I cant comment on this directly as I dont use the famcamps generally. BUT, I got somebodies attention when I wrote a email to the director of the fam support at Huntsville this summer. Seems the mail went to the chain of command who wanted answers to the email. Got a reply from the guy who asked me to call for more info. I did email the WP folks but they ended up being to far away from the folks we were to visit so never went there.

Anyhow, the point is get the COC attention if you are having such problems, just dont let it go as is. I might be wrong but I know when i was AD Army you went to the commander whenever the flunkies could not get it right, but maybe that's why I only made it to CW4? Pound the COC if you want results. To many ignorance is bliss and they wont react unless forced to. Just look at what we have in command nowadays for the country!

More
9 years 8 months ago #13101 by AZtravelers
Replied by AZtravelers on topic Hill AFB
We agree with the previous comment that suggests the Chain of Command be notified. Since there is more credibility in numbers, perhaps Larry can package the comments made by all of us and send them to the head of MWR and cc: the base commander. Larry, if you have already done this or something similar, then the lick is on the Commander and not Howard/Barbara.

We made our comments two or three years ago about Howard's need for a shot of Customer Service. We are amazed that this blot on the FamCamps and Hill AFB is still around offending more and more campers.

More
9 years 7 months ago #13117 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Hill AFB
The FamCamp falls under the supervision of Outdoor Recreation and you can reach them and lodge a complaint at this link: ICE . I have already sent them a link to this thread so they are now aware of the situation and how long it has been going on. I am also trying to track down an email address for the 75 ABW Commanders Action Line at Hill AFB and I’ll also share that as soon as I can track it down.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

More
9 years 7 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #13123 by Blackhawk
Replied by Blackhawk on topic Hill AFB
Dubob, good luck!

Been done many times in the past.

Complaints submitted via ICE and directly to MWR office.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Blackhawk.

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds