Hill AFB

More
8 years 2 months ago #14486 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Hill AFB
Bruno,

Just out of curiosity, did you bother to bring any of this to the attention of Outdoor Recreation (OR)? If you did, what were their comments?

I just got through sending the OR Boss (S. Penhorwood) an email bringing your review to his attention. I'll pass along his comments if/when I get them.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #14491 by Bruno Bee
Replied by Bruno Bee on topic Hill AFB
We complained to Outdoor Rec the first time no phone call was returned and a year later when no phone call was returned we gave up. Hill FamCamp is such a great stop for us traveling home to Wasington state that we continue to use it. That in no way implies we are happy with the way it is run, we have just learned to hold our tongue.

More
8 years 2 months ago #14493 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Hill AFB
I just went to the ICE website for Hill AFB and the FAMCAMP is not even listed. Outdoor Rec Tours and Travel is but no campground. That's one way to limit complaints.

More
8 years 2 months ago #14501 by dubob
It is indeed unfortunate that anybody has to suffer this apparent lack of concern. I did send an email to the OR Boss a few days ago and followed up with a phone call today. The Boss is out of the office until next week Monday. I talked with his assistant and she informed me she would discuss the situation with him next Monday. She also informed me that Howard has NOT retired yet as was discussed last year. Bummer! Stay tuned; I'll let you know what the Boss has to say as soon as I hear back from him.

Bob Hicks, from Utah

More
8 years 2 months ago #14502 by dubob

floridakamper wrote: I just went to the ICE website for Hill AFB and the FAMCAMP is not even listed. Outdoor Rec Tours and Travel is but no campground. That's one way to limit complaints.

Yes, their web designer leaves a lot to be desired. The T&T phone number is actually the same number as is used by the OR folks and a call to 801-777-9666 will get you to the OR Boss - but not until next week.

Bob Hicks, from Utah

More
8 years 1 month ago #14527 by Bruno Bee
Replied by Bruno Bee on topic Hill AFB
We again call Hill AFB to inquire about availability , and of course we did NOT receive a call.
We arrived at Hill at 1630 on 3/18/16 and the office was closed. The night check posted two available spots, and of course there where no pay envelopes or info sheets with combos. Howard's assistant, who was off for the day, rescued us with the into and combos.
I Was was certainly impressed with the new community room, it deserves a WOW. Big screen TV hooked to satellite, table with chairs for writing, even coffee.
We never did see or catch Howard for an envelop, so at check out we just dropped our envelope and pay into the night slot.
This place needs a real manager who cares about running a military campground.

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds