Hill AFB

More
8 years 1 month ago #14547 by dubob
Replied by dubob on topic Hill AFB
Okay, I still haven't heard back from the Outdoor Rec manager after sending emails and calling his office. So I posted the following to the ICE function:

I've been trying to reach Steve Penhorwood (Outdoor Recreation) for over 2 weeks now. I've sent him emails and called his office and left requests for him to call me back and have not been successful. Very poor customer service in my opinion. You have a major problem with the FamCamp and it is receiving a fair amount of negative press on the U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks website dating back over 6 years. You can view the discussion at www.militarycampgrounds.us/kunena/11-wes...ill-afb?limitstart=0 . Several posters on that discussion thread have also complained about the lack of response from both Outdoor Recreation and this ICE function. Why is that? This is NOT customer service at its best. When are you going to accept the fact that there is a real problem here and begin to address it? Its been going on now for over 6 years. I would definitely like to hear your side of this issue and will post it (if I actually get it) on the U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks website.

If I get a response from either Outdoor Rec or the ICE post, I will report it here. I really find it disturbing that the Services function at Hill AFB is turning a blind eye to this situation.

Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 76 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #14548 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Hill AFB
I just sent an email to the base Commander's Action Line. [email protected]

More
8 years 1 month ago #14577 by dubob
Outdoor Rec (Mr. Penhorwood) got my ICE complaint and called me yesterday. Here is what he had to say:
  1. 801-777-9666 is only answered during normal duty hours and does not have an answering machine attached.
  2. The FamCamp manager (Mr. Howard) has a cell phone and the number is posted at the FamCamp office.
  3. All comments about the FamCamp must be submitted via the ICE Feedback system for best results.
  4. ICE Feedback must be addressed within 2 weeks of submission.
  5. Mr. Penhorwood makes every effort to address any feedback within a day or 2 of feedback reaching his desk.
Here is the link (URL) for the feedback (complaints OR kudo's) submission: Comment Card for Outdoor Recreation, Tickets and Travel . The FamCamp is under the direction of Outdoor Rec, so this is the proper place to make any and all comments about the FamCamp.

If you have any complaints, you absolutely MUST file them using the link above. Posting the complaints on here will alert other travelers to potential problems at Hill AFB, but they will NOT generate any action to correct any problems. I would very STRONGLY urge anybody that has had ANY problems at Hill AFB FamCamp within the past year to go to the link above and file a report. If you leave your email/phone number and request a response, they WILL respond to you directly.

Now you know - at least I hope you do. :)

Bob Hicks, from Utah

More
8 years 1 month ago #14585 by Bruno Bee
Replied by Bruno Bee on topic Hill AFB
Thank you Bob for your effort and your posts.
You care about getting it right and those of us that use Hill intermittently appreciate it.

More
8 years 1 month ago #14587 by floridakamper
Replied by floridakamper on topic Hill AFB

Bruno Bee wrote: Thank you Bob for your effort and your posts.
You care about getting it right and those of us that use Hill intermittently appreciate it.

Bob X 2. Maybe I misread the answer the you received but it sounded like if you don't give your suggestions or concerns in the RIGHT way, we won't bother to respond. I agree that only discussing them here is not going to do any good but I think other efforts were made, ie, phone, Commander's Hotline and maybe others. They want their feedback via ICE but don't list the Famcamp on ICE. A good way to limit communication.

More
8 years 1 month ago #14591 by dubob
I’ve known the crew at Outdoor Recreation for many, many years due to being on the Board of Directors at the base Rod & Gun Club on and off since 1978. I’ve known FamCamp Howard for at least 15 years and he isn’t the most sociable guy you’ll ever meet.

Please trust me when I say that Outdoor Recreation folks actually do care what the folks think and they make an effort to correct those deficiencies that they can. I’m not sure why you think you can’t address FamCamp issues through the ICE function.

If you bring up the 75 Force Support Squadron website at
www.75fss.com/ you will find a box that says CUSTOMER FEEDBACK. If you click on that box, you will be redirected to the Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) website at ice.disa.mil/index.cfm?fa=site&site_id=461 . On that page, you can scroll down until you come to a box on the left side of the page that says RECREATION. Clicking on that will redirect you to the page that allows comment cards for service providers in Recreation at ice.disa.mil/index.cfm?fa=service_provid...egory_id=15&dep=*DoD .

Scrolling down that page you will find a box for Outdoor Recreation. Clicking on that box will take you to a Comment Card page that will allow you to make comments about any of the Outdoor Recreation functions such as the FamCamp, Riding Stable, Rod & Gun Club, etc. Granted, what you said about FamCamp not being specifically listed is 100% correct. But I would guess that most folks already know that the FamCamp falls under the direction of Outdoor Recreation.

Anyway, this last link is where you need to report problems, concerns, kudo’s, etc. Leave your email address and/or phone number and you WILL get a response from the Outdoor Recreation folks.

I will also agree that their ICE system could use some tweaking to make it a little more user friendly. It should be more intuitive than it is at present.

Once more, if you’ve had some problems at the Hill AFB, UT FamCamp in the last year, please use the links I’ve shown you here and let them know what experienced. The only way to fix it is to let the folks who run it know there is a problem. Life is good and I wish all y’all happy travels.

Bob Hicks, from Utah

Time to create page: 0.443 seconds