"Sweetheart Club" & "Good ol' Boy Club&q

More
15 years 8 months ago #4106 by usn600
All mcg's should be on a first come first seve basis with NO reservations. They should have a two week limit, first in first out. The limit would only be in effect when the park is full.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4107 by monkey44
usn600 -- in general, that would be a reasonable policy -- but yhen we'd have no hosts or 'volunteer' maintenance

But, what happens to the guys that do actually "host" the MCg, or do the maintenance??

Well, that would also be fine --let 'volunteers' stay longer. But then, we end up with "good ole' boy' network that "NEEDS" ten helpers ... it's often a no win situation because there is no real policy MCG wide that sets the rules and enforces same -- and there we have the problem.

If MWR set one host on small MCGs and one additional helper on medium, and two additional helpers on large MCGs -- and limit the stay for everyone else, THEN we'd have a system that works for all the AD and retired, and others that can use the Recreation system as it is intended.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4111 by cdrcos

All mcg's should be on a first come first serve basis with NO reservations. They should have a two week limit, first in first out. The limit would only be in effect when the park is full.

I'm OK with limits on stays as long as they are stated up-front, but I strongly disagree with the concepts of "no reservations". >:(

As some have noted above, the best way to travel is to make reservations and know where you can stay for the night or longer. I can't imagine the hassle, not to mention waste of fuel, that would be involved in driving hundreds or even thousands of miles to take a chance on a vacancy.

Some state and National Parks take reservations on most of their sites and keep some open for drive-in's and I don't have a problem with that. That way you know if you have a reserved spot or are taking a chance.

Joe & Barb
2016 Winnebago Vista 31KE
Shoreview, Minnesota
Sun City Center, Florida

More
15 years 8 months ago #4112 by monkey44
No problem here with reservations -- long as the reservation time limit is reasonable ... and some sites reserved and some 'drive-in' would be best as well.

Like cdrcos says, some like to plan ahead. But some like to free-range sort of. The best way is probably a mix of both ... and at least some kind of time-limit

More
15 years 8 months ago #4116 by DutchStar38
I think reservations are fine but a SIX month advance reservation? NO WAY! Maybe 1 week in advance. IN addition, how in the heck do you justify telling someone to move because the site has a reservation. You have got to be kidding me. Let the reservation person stay in overflow especially if it was a reservation made a month or more ahead. Why in the world does anyone have to make a reservation a month ahead for an RV? It's insane!!!! It's abuse!!! It's rude!!!!

More
15 years 8 months ago #4117 by monkey44
QUOTE: "Why in the world does anyone have to make a reservation a month ahead for an RV?"

Because all RV'ers are not fulltimers or retired, so the family wants to make plans for leave etc ... so it's not so much the "advance time" as it is the length of stay and/or filling up all sites with reservations that would seem to me more of a problem.

Time to create page: 0.477 seconds