"Sweetheart Club" & "Good ol' Boy Club&q

More
15 years 8 months ago #4118 by DutchStar38
OK, you call a MCG 4 days in advance and want to stay 2 weeks but the few sites reserved for first come first serve are full and all the other sites are either occupied for 3 months or have reservations made 3 months ahead which would overlap your 2 week stay so you can only stay 1 week. I guess since you are a fultimer or retired then you should just be pleased you have 1 week or find another place.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 8 months ago #4123 by rvgrammy1953
Being full-timers and like most folks here, on a limited income, we have to plan our travel plans....the cost of gas has us re-vamping how we live our life-style...use to be we could go, spend a week or 2 at one place, then go to the next place....but this year, we plan to spend 1 month at each destination so that we can enjoy that locations "things to do" and still be able to eat..... ;) So we will be making reservations in advance when we can......and expect to have a site with hookups advertized, waiting for us when we get there (don't even put us in overflow...especially if I've paid a deposit!)......We've been at this for 5 years now and know not to go to the "Good ol' Boys Club" places, unless we want to boondock......and the "no reservation" places, we'll call ahead to check for avaliblility ......no point in wasting gas if there's no room for time we want to stay, we're flexible..we'll find another place.......So our motto is to plan and be prepared in advance.....less stress on you.....

Lori and Dock

More
15 years 7 months ago #4369 by karylkc
Hello all. We stayed at Nellis in July!!! Yes it was very hot 115 or so. However, our daughter was attending seminars in Vegas. Obviously there were plenty of available sites and we live in the desert anyway, so the heat didn't bother us. If you've been there, I'm sure you love the people in the clubhouse; wow, they were great! BTW, we are new with the RV travel, but think this will be a normal thing for us for the rest of our lives. Semper Fi

More
15 years 7 months ago #4370 by karylkoch
to: Karyl, I saw your name and almost fell over, okay was already siting down. If you look at my posting name, you will see it listed as Karyl, which is my first name. Is Karyl your first name? Sure is nice to see someone else stuck with the same spelling. ::) ??? :o

More
15 years 5 months ago #4826 by JohnL
I think DM AFB in Tucson has a great system. No reservations and a 21 day stay in full hookups during high season. The first time we were there we had a four day stay in dry then 21 days in FU. Back to dry for about a week and then back to FU for another 21 days.

Time to create page: 0.431 seconds